DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 2500 5.9 gas. The last two weeks I have been hearing a ticking noise at light throttle. I was un able to find it because when it was idling it was not there. But last night it was doing it at Idle so I lifted the hood and got the old broom stick and found it was coming from the driver side injectors.. The pass injectors are quiet. Anyone have a Idea.

I have had this truck for 1 year now and the it has been a nightmare. It only runs great when it wants too.. And usually only runs good when it is 25 degrees or lower out. Other than that it is a slug.

Thanks
Jb

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
try swapping injectors to the other side of the fuel rail see if the ticking follows .

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will give that a try, I never had them out before. Is there a chance of recking any orings or anything that I should have on hand before I try it? Cuz if she don't run I can't get to the parts store haha. Long walk!!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
the rail is easy . relieve the pressure first and if you pull the supply line you will need a fuel line disconnect tool . o-ring are a good thing to replace why you have them out and coat them lightly with fresh oil b-4 install

edit.....if you dont have a manual heres a free one .

http://pdftown.com/Dodge-Ram-2001-Service-Manual.html

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the manual.. I got the that rail off the injectors were practicaly welded in the intake:mad: took me about 1 1/2 hrs to get it out.. I cleaned the injectors and put it all back in and the truck runs a ton better and no it only tick once and a while. So i guess I will do the other side this weekend .
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.