DodgeTalk Forum banner

Injector/TBI upgrade

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  ECV01Ram 
#1 ·
1st let me say I own an 01 1500 4x4 sport 5.9 gas. It has 195k on the motor. It has 4.11s and sits on 35x12.5x15.
I recently read about an injector upgrade from Accel and tbi upgrade from Holley I believe. Truck barely gets 11.5 mpg on the highway. Looking to improve mileage and the power. So far I've upgraded the coil and run 8mm Taylor wires. I've got a Diablo tuner coming as well
Anybody done this upgrade?
Thanks in advance

#4 ·
How does it look like it's TBI? That throttle body have injectors in it?

Take a picture of it.

If it's got injector rails, it's EFI - SEFI by 2001. It has a throttle body, but all gas fuel injected motors do; it's just bought from Holley since they had experience Chrysler didn't want to develop on their own.

RwP

#7 ·
Injectors will do you no good unless you're making significantly more power, i.e. forced induction, cam, stroker, etc. Also if they aren't the exact same impedance you'd need a custom tune to scale them properly. Same with a larger throttle body. Big heavy truck + big ass tires + gears to offset the tire size = shitty mileage. You're lucky you're still getting double digits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.