DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read on here that u can use ford injectors on a 5.9. is this tru or am i just seeing things and is so what kind of injectors do they have to be or what year of ford do they have to come off

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
Lot of guys go with the Ford Motorsports injectors. I had their 24lb matched inj for my 96 when I had a mild 360. Werent from a specific vehicle and came from 50hmotorsports.com originally. I bought them used off ebay from a 5.0 stang owner. Sorry cant tell you specific vehicles you could use them from.

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
Stock 5.0 and 4.6 fuel injectors are all 19 lb/hr at 43psi fuel pressure, but i guess these dodges run 49ish psi which makes those ones 23lb/hr. I've yet to see a specific answer as to if these are sufficient with a stock truck, but im going to try the stock ones out of my 4.6 and see what it does. Anyway these are a yellow top injector. the 24 lb ford injector is a blueish gray color and will come in the 93-95 5.0 and 96-98 4.6 cobras, and the 5.0 explorers, as they all (5.0's) have the gt40 engine (better heads and intake). They're all over and can be had for cheap.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Stock 5.0 and 4.6 fuel injectors are all 19 lb/hr at 43psi fuel pressure, but i guess these dodges run 49ish psi which makes those ones 23lb/hr. I've yet to see a specific answer as to if these are sufficient with a stock truck, but im going to try the stock ones out of my 4.6 and see what it does. Anyway these are a yellow top injector. the 24 lb ford injector is a blueish gray color and will come in the 93-95 5.0 and 96-98 4.6 cobras, and the 5.0 explorers, as they all (5.0's) have the gt40 engine (better heads and intake). They're all over and can be had for cheap.
WRONG! The 24lb also came first on the FI 460 7.5L. 88-97. 96-98 cobra's did not have this same injector. The explorers did NOT have GT40 heads, they had GTP heads, different spark plug location and smaller exhaust valve.
Here is the motorsport injector EV1 to stock vehicle injector cross reference. The 19lb is from most small block v8's, mustang,F150, Crown Vic, 93-95 Lightning, 24lb 93-95 mustang cobra, F250-up 7.5L. 30lb big suprise 4.0 ranger and explorer, 36lb 2.3 thunderbird turbo coupe 42lb 99-03 supercharged lightning.

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
Not ALL explorers had the GT40P heads, one year (i'm 99% sure it was 1997) had standard GT40's my freind. If you wanted to get to specifics i could have named the thunderbirds, crown vics, town cars, and other vehicles and what fuel injectors they had, but i give a few examples to give him an idea on where to get some.
Also you are wong here. The 96-8 cobras DID still have the large bodied blue top fuel injector. It was not until 99 that ford put the pencil injector in the cobras with the different connector.

·
Registered
725 Posts
The 97 explorer had the GTP heads not the 40's. 96-98 cobras did not have the same injector out of the 460 with the EV1 connector on it. Sorry I was there when these came out. EV1 and EV6 had different connectors but close ratings

·
BigMi
618 Posts
I know DODGEPICKUP has furd injectors in his truck. Message him, he can answer your question

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
He has the pink tops, which at least in the mustang GT's, was ford's 19lbs in 2003 and 2004.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have ford injectors in my truck as well. Also I worked at a ford dealership as a Tech. I have installed every kind of EV1 ford motorsport injector there is. I had 24,30,36,and now 42's in my mustang over the years with different motor and supercharger combos.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
How much do those injectors cost?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
How much do those injectors cost?
i paid 63 shipped off E-BAY . they were cleaned with new caps , screens , viton o-ring and they been flow matched . i have seen other set on there as well . new and rebuilt :SPIN:

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
$63.00 for an entire set of 8?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
yes sir . :gr_patrio

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Could you give me a part number that I can search for?

I am going to try to replace them next weekend after I do the cap/rotor and wires this weekend.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Could you give me a part number that I can search for?

I am going to try to replace them next weekend after I do the cap/rotor and wires this weekend.
on E-BAY i search by typing 22# FUEL INJECTORS IN E-BAY MOTORS . you can change the 22# -- to -- 22lb or search FUEL INJECTORS ABOUT 4k injectors come up but that how i searched . i dont go by the FURD # i always go by BOSCH'S # which will be a 0-280-xxx-xxx . ill search for ya aswell see what i come up with . :D

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
I didn't see any on ebay, saw some 22# injectors but not sure if they are the correct ones?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I didn't see any on ebay, saw some 22# injectors but not sure if they are the correct ones?
ya sorry i didnt find any as well . i have seen many sets on there . according to FIC in the video the yellow body design 3's are 22lb as well . only thing i dont like is that theres no slot for the c-clip to secure it to the fuel rail . the fuel rail is supposed to hold them in place when you bolt it down . clip is there just for removal . the yellow body's are every were on E-BAY .

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.