DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have 19lb/hr. injectors. I wanted to know what factory 24lb/hr injectors would be a direct fit for my truck.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not trying to be a smartie pants or anything...... I have been wondering about this upgrade as well, but what is your reason for wanting to go from 19 to 24's?

Oh, and where did you get the performance PCM, and what gains did you get?

------I went and bought 24# injectors for my Mustang and also had to buy the recalibrated MAF, I did it on that because I am also hitting it with a 150 / 200 dual stage NO2 setup and wanted more fuel.--------

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
The commonly used part are Ford injectors. Unless you have some seriously heavy modifications, heads can manifold etc, dropping higher flowing injectors will do noting but dump more fuel in and run pig rich. On that note dropping injectors in without a stand alone management system is not a good way to go.

Pyro, the Mopar PCMs only were made for up to 00.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neil F. said:
The commonly used part are Ford injectors. Unless you have some seriously heavy modifications, heads, cam, manifold etc, dropping higher flowing injectors will do noting but dump more fuel in and run pig rich. On that note dropping injectors in without a stand alone management system is not a good way to go.
Neil I'm planning on making those changes in the future (heads, cam, intake mainfold,Tb,etc.). Right now I'm on a fact gathering mission. And I was going to get my PCM flashed by B&G. All those changes are no good unless the PCM is Programmed to maximize the new parts.

·
Registered
590 Posts
TheBadazz said:
I know I have 19lb/hr. injectors. I wanted to know what factory 24lb/hr injectors would be a direct fit for my truck.

search ebay and the mustang forums for 24#hr injectors. usually ya can get them really cheap. depending on plug connector you may need adapters from square to oval style.

tho many Dakota R/T owners are runnin 12`s and high 11`s on the stock 19#`ers....(built 360`s and 408`s)

best to get a dyno with A/F to see if ya really need larger injectors. most that need larger injectors are on the bottle or some type of boost application.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.