DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i installed a quadzilla adrenaline truck ran like a rapped ape for almost 2 days now it doesnt wanna do anything besides idle if you give her more fuel she cuts at at 1000rpms like its starving for fuel bought a OBD 2 scanner and came up with the following codes PO251 injection pump metering control A,
P1688 manufacturing control auxiliary inputs auxiliary outputs, P0252 injection pump metering control A Range/Performance, So PO251,PO252,
P1688 this is after completly pulling the box and hooking back to factory pulling both batteries and letting it set for like 30 minutes what ever it is please give me advice on what to do to fix my truck and a cost of each way
:(

P.S Ive already changed the fuel filter tonite just as a ease of mind that it could have been something cheaper

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
Still running the factory lift pump? Do you have a FP gauge?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as far as i know of its the factory one im not the original owner and unfortionitly<---- typo i dont have a FP sending gauge yet although this box can read fuel pressure quadzilla stopped sending FP sensors

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so i went and bought me a fuel pressure gauge plugged it into the top of the fuel filter canister when i bump the starter to get the free 25 second run it is reading 12-13 psi when its running its reading 12 psi what does that mean

·
2,032 Posts
It is pretty typical for a stock LP. What is more important is what you read while driving. I have an idea your IP may be headed south, but it could be other things also, so don't freak.

One thing is for sure, I am not getting a Quadzilla, I have heard a lot of negatives regarding this company. I got excited when I read your initial post about installing this computer, but now this, combined with their inability to ship a working FP sending unit to existing or new customers spells bad deal to me. I will be sticking with my Edge Comp for now.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well its confirmed blew my injector pump got one from a buddy for 450 instead of 1200 bucks

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Some of the '98.5-'99 pumps had a problem with performance modules...I'll try to find some info. You remember any of that David?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the new one i got is from a 2000 truck with less then 40,000 miles my buddies got a truck with twin turbos and a millon other things and that was one of the first things he upgraded hopefully the 2000 dint have an issue with a performance module but im thinking of running a carter inline i got a part number for it to replace my lift pump my other buddy is runnig this pump with a edge juice with attitude at idle hes gettint 36psi at wot the apsolute lowest was 9 but averaged 20's for his psi during wot so that sounds like a decent pump to run what do you all think

·
2,032 Posts
I think that those numbers are BS is what I think. He has a bad sending unit or something. I run an Airdog and it is 19 at idle and 17 WOT and acceleration and I promise it moves more fuel than any Carter pump.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
The Carter 4601HP (their biggest) gives the pressure in my signature with Vulcan straight thru fittings, big lines and it's gravity fed at the frame rail....15-16psi idle then down to 9.5-10psi WOT with the Comp turned up.
Start stacking lift pumps and I guess most anything can happen but I don't want an injector pump that's seen 36psi lift pump fuel presure...parts are reported damaged by very high lift pump fuel pressure. If your eyesight is as poor as mine, you might have misread the gauge.

·
Registered
25 Posts
so would you guys say that the quadzilla is what caused his injection pump to go? I am planning on getting a computer for my 99 2500 inm the very near future and am seriously thinking about the quadzilla adrenaline. I haven't heard anything about the edge juice doing anything like this though, so now i'm not sure.?

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
I have herd and read about some commin rails making numbers close to mid 30s in fuel pressure, not rail pressure.lol. But yea sounds like BS to me too. I have 3/8" fuel line from the tank to lift pump and then to the filter housing, then the Vulcan big fuel line kit which is 1/2" line from the filter housing to the IP. I have 20psi at idle and 15-16psi WOT with the 150 gph FASS.

Davis, I have had my Edge Attitude with Juice Foe over a Year and the only problem I have had with it is it didnt want to turn the truck off. It just kept running, and I keep the engine cool dwon temp set at 320. I called them and told them my problem and sent it back. They reprogramed it with latest update no questions asked. Took little over a week to send it to Salt Lake City and back. Very good customer service.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so i installed the new injection pump hooked everyting up and the truck wont start now due to air in the fuel lines i loosened a fuel line cranked it until i got fuel and kept doing this cant get to line number 2 or 6 because 2 the turbo line cooler is in the way 6 is blocked by basically the firewall how do i get it started after installing the new injection pump?

·
2,032 Posts
All I have done is crack 3 injectors and also open the line to the IP. Once fuel is coming out of the IP line I then hook it up and crack the 3 injectors.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok so loosen the fuel line to the ip until u get fuel which line on there do i loosen? then tighten it back up loosen 3 fuel lines at once crank it until i get fuel tighten back up and should be good which ones do u usualy loosen up? thanks alot for the help

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
On the cylinder head, with a 19mm wrench... an open wrench will do it but a line wrench is better, loosen the injector line fittings to #1, #3, #4 & #5 injector fuel fittings. With the throttle floored, try to start the engine for 5 seconds then check the fittings and tighten the wet ones. Try to start the engine another 5 seconds with the throttle floored then recheck the fittings. When the engine starts kicking, trying to start, stop and tighten all loose fittings then start the engine.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so im thinking it might not have been the fuel injection pump it acts like it might be the ECM i have plenty of fuel pressure at the injector line but it still wont go i spray just a hit of starting fluid in there but there is no throttle responce and its not running off of the fuel sounds to me like quadzilla's box burnt up my ECM is this a possibility?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Lets hope that the new "used" pump is good. From your description the truck only runs when you spray starting fluid into the system. My first suggstion is STOP spraying starter fluid in there. If the spray hits the heater, you are in trouble.

When installing the pump, was there any problems and did the key line up when installing the IP? Did you check it?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well the install went pretty smooth i just rolled the engine over with the harmonic ballencer got the keyway facing straight up... put the keyway from my truck into the new pump the same exact way arrow facing towards the pump slid new pump in place realized it lined up snuugged up bolts set them to torque according to service manual plugged lines back in hooked everything up and for like 3 days now cranked the starter bleed all fuel lines cranked cranked cranked and still no go i dunno lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sounds like it went together smoothly, good. When you installed your new chip/box you had to pierce a wire at the injector pump. What is the condition of the wire? Was it pierced on the IP side or at the engine end of the of the connector? Silly question, are you sure the new pump was good?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.