DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am still in the break in period for the Auburn LSD, but so far I am pleased. Acceleration is definately improved. The highway manners seem good at this point. It is a little difficult to get a solid impression due to the wildly optimistic speedometer readings. Likewise, fuel mileage will be impossible to judge till I get the speedo corrected. Once that is done, I feel that I will be very happy with this combo, especially in heavily loaded situations and towing. I will update as time goes on.

Speaking of the speedo, can anyone confirm that my 96 is not an electronic piece? I plan on picking up a handheld GPS unit to determine how far off the speedo is. Armed with this info, I should be able to get a proper speedo drive gear to correct it.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
I think in '96 the speed sensor was still driven by a pinion gear in the tranny tailshaft. I would just call the dealer and ask them what pinion gear you need for 4.10 gearing.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm almost postive that 4.10 was an option in 96. So it should be easy to just get the right part at the dealer. My 98 had the speed sensor at the ring gear in the differential housing and would not need recalibrating. What year was the change?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.