DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4 x4 and want to level the front end by 2 1/2" to match my rear. Got reading about the death wobble caused by leveling kits so i am wondering if they make a coil spring that would raise the truck up the 2 1/2". And if so do i need to replace the stock shocks or not. Not afraid to spend the extra money to make the truck ride nice as this is a daily driver. Thanks for any help....

·
Home of the Whopper
1,769 Posts
Death wobble doesn't effect the 1500's unless you have a mega cab. I have had a 2.5" level on my '08 for about 3 years and I haven't had any vibrations yet. There are many that have so I wont say you wont. The vibrations come from the increased angle of your cv joints. If your concerned about what might happen then I suggest getting a full lift kit or a kit from kore with new high angle cv's.

I'd just put them in and give it a shot. Worst case, you take em back out and return them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is a good quality leveling kit? HBS, Top Gunz? HBS also offers a kit to drop the anti sway bar but it looks like its only for a solid axle dodge

·
Home of the Whopper
1,769 Posts
I'm using Ready lift. They are all pretty damn simple. I didn't like the spacer type that compressed the spring. Just get the type that bolts to the top of the strut.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a 2008 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4 x4 and want to level the front end by 2 1/2" to match my rear. Got reading about the death wobble caused by leveling kits so i am wondering if they make a coil spring that would raise the truck up the 2 1/2". And if so do i need to replace the stock shocks or not. Not afraid to spend the extra money to make the truck ride nice as this is a daily driver. Thanks for any help....
Day Star is good too. I got the kit that had the spacer for the top of the strut, and it came with 2" blocks and u bolts for the rear. I didn't install the blocks, just the spacers for the front. I installed Firestone airbags for the rear since I tow a heavy trailer instead.

Anyway, found the kit brand new with free shipping at Amazon for $75. If anyone needs 2" blocks for the rear I give a heck of a deal to you! :)

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I've got 2.5 hbs good kit too. got mine 80 shipped from there site.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
so do you think the one that bolts on top of the strut is better than the one that sits on top of the spring? The supreme suspension says it bolts on top of the strut and looks like its well made. The hbs says it fits on top of the coil though.

·
Home of the Whopper
1,769 Posts
so do you think the one that bolts on top of the strut is better than the one that sits on top of the spring? The supreme suspension says it bolts on top of the strut and looks like its well made. The hbs says it fits on top of the coil though.
I'd go with the type that bolts on top of the strut. You will keep the same ride you have now. The type that sits on top of the spring will pre-load it and give a firmer ride. It's also more difficult to install that type since strut dis assembly is required.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.