DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1990 ramcharger with throttle body injected 318 and would like to swap it for 1993 multiport 318 magnum. i would rather have the multi port. so any tips on what will need to be done. if it is too wxpensive i was then wondering if my intake (throttle body injected) would work with the heads and block of the 93 318 magn. i understand they only changed the heads and intake so i am hoping it will fit. would rather have the multi if at all possible but not sure as to how much wiring ect. would have to be done. was hoping i could just swap old comp for 93 comp and that would work but want to make sure of my optoins before since this is a daily driver/project truck. if anyone has ever accomplished this swap or knows anything about it please help.......ty:worthy:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm pretty sure the intake ports are different. So no go there. I'd personally just rip out all of the guts of the 93 and just make it look pretty in the 90. Or if you want to stick with TBI try to find a two barrel intake for the magnum that would be compatible with the Throttle Body from the 90. If that would work

·
4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes
5,828 Posts
The heads and intake on Magnums are connected by vertical bolts.
To go multi-point, the PCM and wiring harness will also be needed. It's possible and has been done.
Sticking with TBI would give up the main improvement of multi-point injection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.