DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
S-man, hows it going?

Make sure he takes a code reader to check for engine codes, or test drive it to an auto parts store to scan it.....

·
living life
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
S-man, hows it going?

Make sure he takes a code reader to check for engine codes, or test drive it to an auto parts store to scan it.....
Not bad Al...just freezing(furnace went out last night :()

I'll let him know...can there be hidden codes without a CEL?

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Some codes don't show a CEL....

I went looking at a Jeep for my son a few weeks ago and it had a P-1700 code that wouldn't go away and no CEL....

·
living life
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some codes don't show a CEL....

I went looking at a Jeep for my son a few weeks ago and it had a P-1700 code that wouldn't go away and no CEL....
Good info man...hope there is a Auto Zone close so he can see

Thanks man

·
Board Breaker TKD
1,547 Posts
Plenum is that the word you were looking for?
If so have to remove the air cleaner and look down through the throttle body to see if there is any oil. Make sure the tranny shifts good too. dash cracks/brittle, but from the pics it looks pretty clean, and its a nice color :tup:

·
living life
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plenum is that the word you were looking for?
If so have to remove the air cleaner and look down through the throttle body to see if there is any oil. Make sure the tranny shifts good too. dash cracks/brittle, but from the pics it looks pretty clean, and its a nice color :tup:
Yea thats the word! :)

Thats for the info...and yes a nice color. He has a dokota that same color but someone pulled out in front of him and totaled it!

·
Board Breaker TKD
1,547 Posts
oh and make sure to check for a salvage title, value gets cut in half then usually.

I am fixing a 02 Quad cab Dakot athat same color now too, plus my dad has a Durango that we might fix too. Gotta love that blue

·
living life
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh and make sure to check for a salvage title, value gets cut in half then usually.
Good thought...I don't think it has been but who knows anymore!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
"TRANS", TCC, trac bar, sector shaft, corrision on intake mani bolts, btm of coil rusty, htr modes, htr "core" output--at idle vs 2000([email protected]/[email protected]). NICE truck, good luck.

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
also check front u-joints. Check heat and make sure it has good heat that is working properly. Check transfer case.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
make sure the cruise control, overdrive, delay wiper and A/C work good, drive it on a dirt lot or road and see if the 4x4 works.

·
Registered
599 Posts
is he on here?

·
living life
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
is he on here?
Yea his screen name is Dakota4x4 or 4x4Dakota....I'm gonna help him out with the sight and maybe he can get his screen name change.

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
Yea his screen name is Dakota4x4 or 4x4Dakota....I'm gonna help him out with the sight and maybe he can get his screen name change.
There is a charge for that.................

:thatfunny:thatfunny:thatfunny:thatfunny j/k

·
living life
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is a charge for that.................

:thatfunny:thatfunny:thatfunny:thatfunny j/k
Haha talk to him about that one....I'm just his adviser for now! ;)

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
Haha talk to him about that one....I'm just his adviser for now! ;)
:thatfunny:thatfunny He would not pay to have his named changed anyway. he is too cheap for that...hahaha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.