DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a '96 Ram. It originally had the Infinity sound system, as it still has the Infinity tweeters in the doors. It currently has a late 80s or early 90s factory Chrysler AM/FM radio that only plays on AM and only sends sound to the right side of the truck.
I have an Alpine CD player waiting to go in, but I just wondered if there are any special amps or anything else screwy going on with the Infinity system, or can I just go to Wal-Mart and get the wiring harness adaptor and plug it in? I'm hoping this old AM/FM radio is just all messed up, and its not a wiring issue, requiring the use of an Infinity stereo.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
sounds like you have it figured out.......but if the amp is still there you may need a different type of harness or just re-wire everything

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that figures. ;)

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hooked the Alpine up using the connectors you can buy to fit the truck. Sounded like crap until I figured out how to hook the remote amp lead to the Infinity amp in the truck. Sounds pretty good, and everything works like its supposed to. I'll probably never put a factory deck back in.

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's an Alpine CDE-7831. Its a few years old. It was in my dad's Ram when he bought it, but he had me replace it with something else because the digital display doesn't light up. You can't see the clock or frequency, but it works great. Actually, you CAN see the display if you look at it real close and at the right angle. I've seen some faceplates on Ebay, so maybe I can try buying one of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.