DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2004 regular cab Hemi SLT and I've been thinking about upgrading my stereo. I can get a hold of the infinity box that comes with a laramie / srt and sits behind the center "seat" but I'm not sure if its the best solution. I know NOTHING about systems, or even the current system in my truck, so any and all advice is greatly appreciated. I dont want to take up all the room behind my seats with a box so I figured this might be the way to go.
Thanks
~Dave

·
Registered
347 Posts
Your truck probably wont have the wires run to the rear for the sub and the factory amp probably would have to be changed also. Your best bet is to purchace a sub box like a fox box (a sponsor of dodge talk) and have an aftermarket amp installed.

·
Kasey Kahne #9
6,013 Posts
i agree w/ the guy above.. and prolly you could do it cheaper too and better quality.

·
It's a JEEP thing!
3,233 Posts
davids94 said:
I know NOTHING about systems, or even the current system in my truck, so any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
~Dave

I would suggest that you go to crutcfield.com and go to some local stereo shops to get suggestions and ideas.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Hey David you should have asked some questions at the meet, alot of us had the systems and most of us installed them our selves and would have been glad to help you out. Now send me a PM and I will give you my cell #, I have a box with 1 Memphis 12 just sitting in the closet and I know the managers at Sound Depot(2 blocks from UF) and they can get you setup with some power at a fair price.

Andrew

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
Andy hooked me up at the Sound Depot as well!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.