Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a 2005 Dodge Dakota quad cab that I need to replace the speakers in. I ordered Infinity Kappa 652.9i's thinking there would be no problem installing these due to the fact they are 6 3/4 speakers. Come to find out, I was told that the tweeter sticks too far out for the door panel to fit back on. If I just cut out a spot for the tweeter in the factory door panel all should be well correct or could there be other issues?

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
If I were you I would just cut out the entire speaker grille then and use the ones that come with the speakers.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
I've seen it done on a ram, but your not gonna hurt anything by doing some cutting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

I got the speakers in last night with little modification to the factory basket. Luckily I did not have to cut any holes in the door panel. I was sort of surprised to find that I lost quite a bit of bass, I knew I would loose some, but it's almost non existent. The colors on the wiring where different than what was posted here in the site, there were no orange stripped wires in the rear and no blue stripped wires. They were either gray or green/gray or green/brown..etc. Now on my way to work this morning, the seatbelt light stays on and dings every once and a while at me. Could the polarities be mixed up causing the seatbelt light to go on? Does anyone have an actual chart that states what colors the positive/negative wires are for each door speaker?

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
those are a three or four way speaker right? A three/four way speaker will never have the same bass output as a two way speaker, as there made to be used in a complete system that would include a dedicated woofer too. When I do speakers I'll be doing a three way in the front doors and a two way in the back to make it sound right without having a woofer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are two way speakers. The seatbelt chime/light is more of an issue to me right now. It still comes on even when the seatbelt is buckled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.