DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Certified M.D.
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would guys recommend for speakers. My 06 has a pretty pathetic stereo system in it and I want to upgrade a LITTLE. I know wich head unit I'm getting but not sure what kind of speakers. I'm looking to spend 300.00 on speakers total. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
The pioneers I have in my truck ran me 300 bucks. 200 for the fronts (component set) and 100 for the back (coax)

·
Certified M.D.
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking at crutchfield.com for speakers but I really don't know what is good. I'm just want something that sounds clean and doesn't distort

·
Registered
490 Posts
millionbuy.com has cheap speaker sets. i prefer kicker i got my 6x9's for $50 bucks on there

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
They aren't gonna be the most awesome speakers you ever heard, but I think bang for the buck...Pioneers. They sound goo and arent too muddy and are cheap for what you get. Thats just my opinion of having them over the years.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
There were several sets of Pioneers (3way and some 4way) over on Overstock for about 15 a pair plus shipping. I bought my Kicker DS650s (2way) on ebay BNIB pretty cheap some time back. You can get a lot for 300. Hell you can do the front and back for less than 100.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
It all is really a matter of preference and music style. What kind of music do you listen to? Do you need bass response or higher output quality for mids and highs?

A lot of speaker manufacturers are starting to really get cheap with their designs, I'd have to say that Polk and Infinity are the only 2 companies left that really put out decent speakers....subs are a different story. Companies like Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, etc... are all really just mediocre now, and you're paying mostly for the company name branding it.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
infinity reference

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.