1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard about this one ?

Indy Cylinder Heads now has an Indy / Goldberg edition Hemi

here's the info:

Working with wresteler Bill Goldberg we designed this special edition engine based on the 426 Hemi. Only 20 were built.

Custom engraved valve coversFully prepped Mopar iron block4.310" bore / 4.500" stroke Eagle 4340 crank (4.500 / 2.2)Eagle H-Beam rods (7.100 / 2.2)MSD distribuitor and wiresMighty Demon carb with bracketBlack powder coat top end packageSS polished hardwareCNC bowl port and gasket matchIndy 426-1 Legend headsForged 10.25 to 1 pistonsIndy 426-7 roller rockers (1.6 / 1.6)Comp hydraulic cam (.560 / .543)(.253 / .253-H108)Dyno tested and tuned

its known as the "526 "Who's Next ? Street Legend engine

650 HP 625 FT LBS of Torque

http://www.indyheads.com/goldberg.html

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Goldwho? I do like that Hemi though, I wonder how much of a "deal" it is? The only thing I see wrong with the engine is the use of hyd. lifters. If I had any Hemi it would get solids or roller.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Sounds like the Goldberg marketing machine has been in action again. Wonder how much of a premium one pays to advertise for Goldberg on their Hemi?
I thought the Hemi has been asking "Who's next" since before he was born?

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
fal308 said:
Sounds like the Goldberg marketing machine has been in action again. Wonder how much of a premium one pays to advertise for Goldberg on their Hemi?
I thought the Hemi has been asking "Who's next" since before he was born?
:thatfunny :thatfunny

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
BTW, nothing against entertainers, but I would rather have mine autographed by William Weertman,(Head of Chrysler special projects engine design), and Tom Hoover,(Head engineer special projects Chrysler team), they were the developers of the original 426 Hemi Head engine. :rck:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
threetwos said:
BTW, nothing against entertainers, but I would rather have mine autographed by William Weertman,(Head of Chrysler special projects engine design), and Tom Hoover,(Head engineer special projects Chrysler team), they were the developers of the original 426 Hemi Head engine. :rck:
i have to agree with you on that statement coarse if anything signed by goldberg is bringing good money then those unopened set of hemi valve cover gaskets that i had him sign should be worth something in the future. :D

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Kinda weird about Indy Cylinder Head Brian, I was at the Nats in 07, and the Indy Tent was desolate. There where the Indy guys there,(2), but very few customers were around their display. They had some sweet Hemis there!

·
Registered
594 Posts
No but I do carry a drool towel when I get to their display :)
Two years ago when my wife was able to go, I pointed out the different setups we "had" to have for our different vehicles.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
fal308 said:
No but I do carry a drool towel when I get to their display :)
Two years ago when my wife was able to go, I pointed out the different setups we "had" to have for our different vehicles.
I would pay to see that, Barc running around drooling and kenny lazzeri yelling at him to quit making his engines soggy! :D

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
threetwos said:
Kinda weird about Indy Cylinder Head Brian, I was at the Nats in 07, and the Indy Tent was desolate. There where the Indy guys there,(2), but very few customers were around their display. They had some sweet Hemis there!
unfortunately with the reputation that they have with their PR it's not a wonder there isn't very many customers around their tent but they do have some sweet engines sitting around them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.