DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be installing a 2" lift coil spring for the front, and an add-a-leaf in the rear, and shocks designed for 2-3" lift in front, 1"-3" in rear. This isn't really much of a lift, more of a leveling, but I can tell I am getting addicted to this.

So say sometime in the future, I decide I want to go higher (say another 1 or 2 inches), could I simply A) install a coil spacer on my 2" coil, and maybe a taller block in the rear, or would I need to B) go with a package lift kit at that point?
Basically, would the components I am installing now be usable in the future if I want to go higher, or will I have to start over again with new components.

If they are reusable, what other components would I need to add in order to go higher then 2" (bump stops, control arms, etc...)

Thanks.

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. There is actually some specific reasons why I went with the 2" setup to start with instead of 3" lift or higher.

1) About 20% of the time, I have a topper on the pickup for when we take road trips with the dogs, or camping, etc... The topper sticks up above the cab. The pickup is kept in a garage. Without the topper, I think it would fit in the garge even with a 3" lift and larger tires. But with the topper, it would have been close. I didn't want to spend the money on a full 3" or more lift just to find out it wouldn't fit in the garage anymore with the topper. That leads to number 2.
2) Wife would have been pissed :VHOT: if I had gone too high, escpesially if it couldn't fit in the garage anymore or if she needed a step ladder to get in.

I think overall, I will be happy with what I got, I just didn't expect to get so excited about things like off-road shocks, coil springs, big tires, etc...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.