DodgeTalk Forum banner

In which lane do you typically drive on the Highway?

• Right Lane

Votes: 72 37.5%
  • Center Lane

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Left Lane

Votes: 84 43.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
NJ Truck Squad
182 Posts
I flow in the right lane .Like your suppose to and then change to the left when its time to pass(GAS) .Oh i mean to get to hauling a$$ then make my way back to the right lane ,like most sense able people here in NJ.We have some A$$ holes here to .I get so pissed off when those people stay in the left lane when I'm trying to change lanes then they have the nerve to even slow down even more'''''Thats when I flick the lights to say move over A$$ bucket I'm come'n thru....I'm so tempted to bump them a little''(But don't want to hurt anybody) then when they do move over I get in front of them and slow down and let them feel the pain of being a Big A$$ H#LE anyway enough ranting and raving.Someday the world will change those fools...I Feel Better Now ....Thanx The dude

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
I like to do 55 in the left lane.

·
Premium Member
27,633 Posts
Left Lane = see my Signature for the EAKMOBILE. :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
almost always in the lent lane, unless other people are being idiots then im in a out

·
GetALittleMudOnTheTires
8,389 Posts
i usually stay in the right lane except to pass

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
I'm always passing everyone, so usually left lane. If someones coming up behind me going faster I always move to the right, unless they're being a dick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Me too

Seattle area traffic calls for that approach. I spend much of my driving time in the left lane until my exit is about a mile away then I start to merge right. To drive in the right hand lane is ludicrous if you have more than a couple of miles to go.

·
Mopar Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11,190 Posts
The most annoying thing for me is when other drivers sit in the left or center lane for miles and miles without passing anyone :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT:

Being from a country where it is the law to stay in the right lane unless you pass someone makes it even more aggravating for me! Passing means your speed is 15 miles higher versus the vehicle you are about to overtake. So it will not take you 25 miles to get by! Once you passed the vehicle you pull over in the right lane again!

Up here in Canada the right lane usually is totally empty! From my point of view canadian drivers are the worst I have ever seen!

In which lane do you usually cruise down the Highway?
Left lane for me as I'm usually passing people. If someone comes flying up behind me though I do my duty and pull over into the right lane to let them buy. I'm not a left lane sitter driving 55mph. :VHOT: I usually punch it to 72 in the left but there are alot of people going 75-80mph. :YO:

·
No Rest for the Wicked
676 Posts
Left lane here, Till I get close to my exit then I move over to the right an merge off. But I fancy the left because its always open an dont wanna go 55 in a 65. the way ohio is, its just ridiculous to drive in the right lane more trouble then what its worth. Just easy for me to use left.

·
11,190 Posts
Left lane here, Till I get close to my exit then I move over to the right an merge off. But I fancy the left because its always open an dont wanna go 55 in a 65. the way ohio is, its just ridiculous to drive in the right lane more trouble then what its worth. Just easy for me to use left.
I agree with you 100%. :gr_patrio

·
Premium Member
27,633 Posts
Yeah, the left lane in Ohio (& most other states I've driven through) is the smoothest since the semis don't travel in that lane too much. What sucks is where the highway in 4 lanes divided and it's trying to carry 6 or 8 lanes divided worth of traffic, which is usually the case in Ohio.

·
11,190 Posts
Yeah, the left lane in Ohio (& most other states I've driven through) is the smoothest since the semis don't travel in that lane too much. What sucks is where the highway in 4 lanes divided and it's trying to carry 6 or 8 lanes divided worth of traffic, which is usually the case in Ohio.
WOW! That's some serious traffic. :YO:

·
Where is the snow?
4,118 Posts
Which ever is flowing the best....or closer to the exit I need...

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Here in the Seattle area the traffic is really bad so leaving one lane completely empty except to pass just does not work. The right lane has all the merging so there is no way I will drive there and get caught in all that. Usually the Left lane is for those that will not exit for a long time and want to go as fast as they can legally, the middle lane is where you move to a few miles before your exit then the right lane about a mile before the exit. I understand the left lane deal just for passing but when you get in it and are passing everyone you tend to stay in it.
x2

·
11,190 Posts
Which ever is flowing the best....or closer to the exit I need...
Sounds like a plan CMG. I try mainly to keep moving in the fast lane but it never fails you got some dumba$$ driving slow in the fast lane backing everybody up. :mad:

·
Registered
17 Posts
In Hawaii it seems like nobody has a damn clue about the SLOW TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT common sense rule.. Its sooo annoying.. Oh and people love to drive next to each other.. Ive probably gone 12 or 13 miles one time while these two cars drove side by side and wouldnt let anyone go by, there is a lot of passing on the shoulder here!

·
11,190 Posts
In Hawaii it seems like nobody has a damn clue about the SLOW TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT common sense rule.. Its sooo annoying.. Oh and people love to drive next to each other.. Ive probably gone 12 or 13 miles one time while these two cars drove side by side and wouldnt let anyone go by, there is a lot of passing on the shoulder here!
That's the way it is here. :ugh

·
11,190 Posts
Right lane, unless I am passing.
I wish someone would point out that most driver pass on the LEFT.:mad:
That can be annoying sometimes. :ugh

61 - 80 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.