DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys it has been a while since I have been around. Thanks to work that is. Anyway, I am getting a chance to actually get back on for a while and I am startin to really look into modding my truck. I want a lift no body lift at all but the largest lift I have come across is a 7in. lift. Since I have a 99 Sport 4x4 it is already pretty tall, but not nearly tall enough. I keep seeing plenty trucks rolling around that are running with 11-14in lifts and thats about the clearance im looking for. However, most of these trucks were 2wd and usually either a FORD or CHEVY. Knowing that most HD 2500's are about the same height as my truck maybe a little taller some of these 4x4s have tall lifts as well, this is the height range im looking for. I am still confused however. Would putting a 6in lift on a 2wd truck that started out stock lower then a 4x4 still yeild the same overall height as a 6in lift on a 4x4? If this is confusing you let me clarify.

Example: a stock 2wd truck sits roughly 2-4in lower then a stock 4x4 truck. You take the 2wd and put on a 6in lift. You take the 4x4 and put on a 6in lift. Now will they both be the same height or will the 4x4 since it was taller to begin with be the same height as the 2wd?

My overall look is that of what you have been seeing in truckin mag. with many of the lifted trucks. Most of these are running 22s with 40in tires. I dont want to run this on a daily basis but for show only. So I will be using 20in wheels with 38in tires for daily use. I also plan to acheive extra height by building a set of custom over axel brackets for a set of air bags just to get some extra lift, a little fun, and to help smooth out the ride.

My question is ARE there any sites/companies that offer a larger lift then 7in? If so what is their address and what company? What are the price ranges for this?

I would also love to find some performance parts for my 360 such as possibly a supercharger or turbocharger. As well as headers, and full exausts.

I have also been trying to find exterior parts for the Ram Sport but i have yet to even find a billet grill. Every manufacturer has the correct year but when looked into they all say EXCEPT the SPORT. WHY IS THIS? Shed some light on me guys. I could use all the help I can get.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Is it a 1500 or 2500? The 2500 sits 2-3" higher than the 1500.

Tallest retail lift I've seen for my 2500 is 7", although I think the 6" long-arm Extreme Suspension is designed better. That'll allow you to run at least 36's, maybe 37's, plus you can put in taller springs to run bigger tread.

Performance parts are everyone, just a matter of money.

The Sport grille is curved at the bottom while the non-Sport grille is flat. There a few grille inserts for Sport hoods available, just gotta have a sharp eye to spot them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.