DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dose anybody have an in bed tool box. I was looking at getting an over the rail one but, awhile back I read a post that said that he got about an extra 1.5 mpg when he added a tonnoe cover. So now I want to put one on and cover the tool box.

Anybody have any pics of theirs.
Thanks

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
dalefan3 has a tool box and a shorter roll up tonneau cover.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Better-Built in-bed tool box Line-X'd...

Attachments

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bubba Hemi that looks good. Does that box have an angle in the front of it to make it fit inbetween the front of the box and the wheel wells.

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,638 Posts
I have a Better Built (minus the Line-X) in my truck and a tonnau cover. Sorry- no pictures

·
They call me Radio
4,807 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
i have a trail boss box. The second picture is to show how close to the wheel well the box is. The third picture is to show how it sits in relation to the height of the bed rails.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the pics guys. That is what I was going to do but, I rethought my set up. I'm going to get a locking tail gate handle, I'm going to line-x the box (under the rails). Get the tonnoe cover and get a good (heavy duty ;)) plastic tool box that I will be able to install and remove with no bolts. Just have it free floating in the box. A friend of mine had this setup on a truck and he seemed to like it. This way I can just take out the tools if I need to use the box for something.

Once again thanks all, I'm open to anyother setups if you all have any opinions.

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
I'm going to get a locking tail gate handle
Moe's has a locking Bully handle for $25. It is a dead on match to the OEM handle. Great product!

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Bubba Hemi that looks good. Does that box have an angle in the front of it to make it fit inbetween the front of the box and the wheel wells.
Yes, there is angle to help it clear the fenders for a short bed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.