DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hemi Megacab 4x4 stock right now. Im an avid snowboarder and the season is approaching very fast ( its so cal were getting screwed on snow sofar this year ). Heres the thing, Im going to get new tires ( and rims to go with them ) so im set for the snow as Im not comfertable with the stock tires for rain and snow.

Money is tight so cant get a lift or regear the rear end right now which is why im considering 33s ( actually 325/60r18 ) nitto terragrapplers. Had these exact tires on my last truck and they were the new hotness for fowl weather and street driving.

The rims are going to be 18x10 with 4.5" backspace ( there MB motoring so there cheap and the gunner 8s are hott! ). since the back spacing is low I know rubbing is going to be more of an issue although I am going to get a leveling kit ( not the $400 coil setups just an $80 coil spacer from topgun ). I just cant decide if I should be more practical and get the 33s or try to fit the 35s eventhough I cant lift it right now and my gearing would suck.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I like 35s for the little bit of extra clearance offroad. But with the situation you are describing, I'd stick with the 33s. Don't forget the ice and snow that packs up in the wheel wells.

Jim

·
~3 tOns oF fUn~
836 Posts
I'd get 325/65s(34.8")...I had Toyo A/T 325/60s on my 1500 and they were definitely too small. If you have 3.92 gears you'll be fine with 35s.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know what my gearing is since I havent been able to find a tag anywhere on the truck, not the glovebox,door,underhood, or on the axle. just based on the low rpm on the freeway i guess 3.73 gears but i dont know forsure

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Those wheels and you're in trouble with 33's, serious rubbing when turning. Level it and you should clear but 35's won't

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the question is, where will it rub? ive read 100 different posts where they had rubbing but never says where. if its just the inner plastic wheel well, that doesnt bother me as that takes 5 min with a cut off wheel to fix. now if it hits sheet metal, thats a problem.

Also I just looked on dodge.com, under the technical data for my truck and 4.10 gear was the only ratio listed so I guess thats why I have.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Typically it's the lower part of the fender. My brother tried to put a 35" tire on a 10" wheel with 4.5
' backspace an leveling kit and it rubbed pretty bad.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you mean the actual sheet metal that faces the outside world or on the inside that faces the tire?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.