Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone out there have any ideas how i could set my ram up to handle a little better, currently the suspension systems all stock.

BAsicly, i live in the UK, and i knew well when i brought it that it wasnt going to handle like a race car, ive tried looking for suspension kits for it, but mostly come across lift kits etc,..

im not particulalry looking to lower the truck, but would like it to feel a little more sure footed in the corners! (ive checked over all the suspension components, theres nothing sloppy down there, the problems caused by our roads being built for plastic jap crap and not for proper trucks like the ram!)

ANyone got any recomendations on springs and shocks??

oh - and if anyones got any good set up advice for brake disc's / pads id appreciate that too - i install my fastman this weekend!

CHEERS!

·
Registered
32,962 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't know about the new rams but my old 74 I put 1 ton springs on it seem to help. Also people on this forums have said that ram 2500 calpers will fit a 1500. So that something to look in to for brakes. Just see if 3500 stuff will fit. If so that may be a good way to go.

·
Ram Pwnage
602 Posts
I'd also upgrade the shocks. When i finally replaced my stock crappers i realized just how loose and mushy the ride was. Put a set of procomp ES9000's on it and it firmed it up alot, reduced body roll in turns, brake dive, and the oscillations from the old shocks being shot.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't know about the new rams but my old 74 I put 1 ton springs on it seem to help. Also people on this forums have said that ram 2500 calpers will fit a 1500. So that something to look in to for brakes. Just see if 3500 stuff will fit. If so that may be a good way to go.

·
I R SMRAT.
1,622 Posts
I'd also upgrade the shocks. When i finally replaced my stock crappers i realized just how loose and mushy the ride was. Put a set of procomp ES9000's on it and it firmed it up alot, reduced body roll in turns, brake dive, and the oscillations from the old shocks being shot.
+1 on the shocks. I put a set of Bilsteins on mine and I drive the thing like a sports car now!

·
muddynoll
19 Posts
Helwig sway bar did wonders for mine.No body roll now.I did the shocks too.

·
muddynoll
19 Posts
yeah.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.