DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:teacher: Ok, for anyone who wants to add LED replacement bulbs to our rams, and they have a 02-06 ram with the circut boards on the tails, most charts will tell you to use a 3057 bulb, more commonly known as a 3157, well what most wont know is that there are whats called a 3157 SRCK bulb, so what that means that the 2 bulb types share plug sockets but the wiring in the sockets are different, now why is this little bit of information important, because the use of a regular 3157 LED bulb can cause a few different things to happen, some as simple as the bulb just not working, but also a bulb i tested actually caused a short in the system, which had it been hooked up to the truck, it would have shorted out the FCM, and we all know the FCM is not something to mess with on our truck, and its not a cheap part to mess up on a regular basis, so in short if you are going to replace the bulbs in your tails with LED bulbs BE VERY CAREFULL, if you get the wrong one it can be a costly mistake.

now this only applies to the TAIL LIGHT CIRCUT BOARDS, of an 02-06 ram, no where else is this a concern to our trucks, if you have an 07-up, you dont even need to be reading this :D

Below is a few PIX that show the difference in the wiring between the 2 bulb types

Attachments

·
Official HK Nut
1,109 Posts
Good to know. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Thanks for the info because I was thinking about getting some for mines.

·
Registered
11,180 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
This happened to me. I've bought 3 different types of LED bulbs and they all started smoking once I plugged them in. What a nightmare. Now I shall try this one more time. Thanks Demon!

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
I just found out that SRCK are also known as SACK. Just fyi. :D

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just found out that SRCK are also known as SACK. Just fyi. :D
SACK - Amber Light
SRCK - Red Light

With LEDs its reccomended that you match the color of the lense with the bulbs, ex: red tails - Red LEDs, i just didnt mention the SACK ones to avoid any confusion, and so no one goes and buys amber bulbs for brakelights :cool:

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
SACK - Amber Light
SRCK - Red Light

With LEDs its reccomended that you match the color of the lense with the bulbs, ex: red tails - Red LEDs, i just didnt mention the SACK ones to avoid any confusion, and so no one goes and buys amber bulbs for brakelights :cool:
Ah, ok. :D

So we don't need to worry about the SACK bulbs for the front signals because they don't use circuit boards anyway, correct?

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah, ok. :D

So we don't need to worry about the SACK bulbs for the front signals because they don't use circuit boards anyway, correct?
correct

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
Excellent! Thanks for the heads up and lack of headaches in the future! :D

·
dodge this
269 Posts

·
Animal Mother
141 Posts
I would read this AFTER i bought bulbs I shouldnt have bought. The LED's i put in are extremely weak and caused the "lamp out" light to come on and now the check engine light just popped on. Is this a result of the wrong type of bulbs being installed?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.