DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to install the keyless entry w/ power door locks. I was just about to get started when I noticed there are two relays in the wiring diagram. You will see what I'm talking about in here on page 3. http://www.autoloc.com/files/KL550.pdf
There is one relay by the parking lights and one by the starter motor. Do I need to buy those from somewhere or are they located somewhere in the truck??? I don't know a thing about electrical stuff. If I need to buy them, from where? Those of you who already installed the Autoloc before, how did you guys go about the relays? Any inputs regarding the installation will greatly appreciated. Thanks.

· ITS SO SLOW !
1,660 Posts
it looks like those should have came with the kit from the diagram but i could be wrong i just finished installing a complete alarm and keyless entry system on my 05 regular cam, actuators and all .

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually they're not part of the kit. They should be, but they are not. I don't understand how the Autoloc expect people to install the kit when it's not even complete. I called their tech support to ask him about what spec of relay I'd need, he just told me to go down to local autoshop and buy them, and then hung up on me. Didn't even bother to wait for my reply. :VHOT: As far as I'm comcerned, still lost as to where to go from here. The instruction says "MUST USE RELAYS" in bold letters, but they don't include it as a part of the kit. well... :VHOT:

· Registered
318 Posts
This is going to sound really annoying, but there's a basic relay that people use so often that they don't even bother 'naming' it. They just assume that when they say "go get a relay" you know damn well what they mean. I hate that.

Anyways, if you go into an auto parts store, ask for a 30-amp relay, that should get you going. If the guy looks at you funny, tell him it's the funny black box with the numbers 30, 85, 86 and 87 and some other one on it next to electrical connections.

Or better yet, give him a withering glare and say "Don't you know what a 30 amp relay is?" :D

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea i got around to get hold of those relays today... I guess they were pretty common parts on every cars... and I had no idea up until now. :crazy: But I'm still stuck because I couldn't get the damn interior door panels out. :WHT: The door handle in place by a bolt that accepts weird star shaped allen wrench (I bet this is another of those really common tool that even a 15 year old trunk monkey would know, but I don't). So, I couldn't take the handle off. tomorrow, I'm gonna run back to the store to get those star-shaped wrenches :crazy:

· Registered
318 Posts
To take the door handle off you need a 10mm socket. If my memory is correct, you have a star pattern (torx) in the center, but you can also wrap a 10mm socket around the head of the bolt. It's a two-fer. :D

Glen

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
XPLOSV said:
To take the door handle off you need a 10mm socket. If my memory is correct, you have a star pattern (torx) in the center, but you can also wrap a 10mm socket around the head of the bolt. It's a two-fer. :D

Glen
Doooohhhhh :crazy: :crazy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.