DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no matter what i do, my drivers side taillight keeps blinking, and beeping. it keeps coming loose so my lamplight out signal keeps going on and off, and its driving me nuts!!!! ive tried superglueing the light in, tried using electrical tape on it, and its still not helping!!! any other suggestions before i decide to drive my truck off a cliff???? (ok, not really, but something!!) :VHOT: :VHOT:

/vent off :help: :help:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Maybe costly but have you considered replacing the entire light assembly? Maybe find one at junk yard?

·
LSU
1,286 Posts
same thing was happening to me i wanted to find the cord and rip it out. i replaced the bulb didnt help so i put a little screw driver in there and messed with the clip cause i couldnt hear it snap in. so far so good its been 2 weeks. might wanna try that. if that doesnt work ya might have to buy a new assembly .... good luck

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
That happened to me before I got my LED's.I would unplug the assembly and scratch the connectors with a flat head screw driver.Then I would bend one of the legs of the bulb to make the bulb a little thicker and make more contact.Never had a problem since.If you need pictures lemme know I will dig up my tail light assembly and show you.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CRMRAM said:
That happened to me before I got my LED's.I would unplug the assembly and scratch the connectors with a flat head screw driver.Then I would bend one of the legs of the bulb to make the bulb a little thicker and make more contact.Never had a problem since.If you need pictures lemme know I will dig up my tail light assembly and show you.

Pics would be great!!! im about ready to just rip out my taillights.

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
Here ya go.If you do it like this REMEMBER:YOU MUST TAKE OFF THE ASSEMBLY FROM THE TRUCK,plug and all,you may cause a short if you dont unplug because the screwdriver will touch the other connector.And be gentle with the screwdriver because the side hooks can break if you do it to aggressively.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was having the same problem, tried the above things. I then noticed that the contacts on the bulb melted the plastic and had pushed into the bulb base. I bought some long life bulbs (Wagners, I think) that had the contact area all glass, so no plastic to melt. Have not had a problem since.

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
what was beeping?

·
DPF Deleted
129 Posts
Damn Dinging Noise

I had the same problem with mine i had to replace the light recepticales in both taillights. i lived with the dinging noise for almost a month driving me crazy. my advise is to replace them.

·
LSU
1,286 Posts
it has like a ding ding sound and says lamp out on the dash board its aggervating as f u c k!!!! and it will keep on doing it especially when you hit bumps if the bulp is loose some how

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
If that trick with the screwdriver doesn't work let me know I have an extra assembly here I can sell ya for a few bucks, one of my taillights got busted when my 04 was wrecked and when they repaced it they repalced both so I have an extra just sitting here.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
04QuadCab8 said:
If that trick with the screwdriver doesn't work let me know I have an extra assembly here I can sell ya for a few bucks, one of my taillights got busted when my 04 was wrecked and when they repaced it they repalced both so I have an extra just sitting here.

ill keep that in mind!!! PM me how much u want for it incase it doesnt work

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.