DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I pulled the trigger and bought a 2006 R/T in MAGNESIUM!

I was a bit nervous at first because I have been strictly FORD for quite some time now. I pick up the new ride on Monday because I need to strip my current vehicle of its mods but I can't wait to start modding this one. Is there a "newbie" thread with the list of initial must-do mods?

I already have 22s picked out and I am de-badging it as well as adding a cold air intake and exhaust. What about a Chip or a programmer?

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
I was with FORD too...trust me you won't look back.

·
Registered
410 Posts
HiYa Mike!
As far as I know the chip/programmer has not been designed. You may or may not know but I used to own a couple of Fords. :thatfunny Good luck on the new ride, you are going to love it!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk! The other guys are right, once you convert to Mopar you won't ever go back to Ford. :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've been with GM for years...specifically Pontiac....No excitement anymore...The Magnum is everything I've always wanted. I think there's alot of people changing brands these days.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm still on the fence. I am a die-hard Ford man, but to make it worse, I'm a TRUCK person. I really want a Magnum, but just can't seem to pull the trigger. I keep thinking that a Mag just won't do it (trailering) the lousy eight times a year I pull 2400#. I keep telling myself to just do it, but can't seem to . I guess the test drive tonight will help. I've driven them before, but it was when I wasn't really looking. Now, it may be different.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blackhawk said:
I'm still on the fence. I am a die-hard Ford man, but to make it worse, I'm a TRUCK person. I really want a Magnum, but just can't seem to pull the trigger. I keep thinking that a Mag just won't do it (trailering) the lousy eight times a year I pull 2400#. I keep telling myself to just do it, but can't seem to . I guess the test drive tonight will help. I've driven them before, but it was when I wasn't really looking. Now, it may be different.

Trust me.. I am a HARDCORE ford guy. I was the president of the MA Chapter of Fordtruckworld and I am the assistant webmaster on their site. So its safe to say alot of my "friends" are really pissed off at me right now. I am not really worried about them..

I never really used my truck as a truck anyway. I would take it to shows and stuff. Its not worth spending all that money on a pickup bed only to use it to carry cleaning supplies for the truck. Thats why I got the 2004 Expedition. But that thing is a huge pain. I was very uncomfortable driving it. I lowered it and added 23s and a stereo system along with SUPERCHIPS Tuner, intake and some lincoln navigator accessories but it wasn't what i wanted. I had liked the Magnum's from the minute I saw it and I am very happy with my decision.

·
Registered
410 Posts
MagnumMan said:
A far as I know, here it is. :D

Dodge Magnum Computer Chips & Performance Modules

You can get an extra 22HP with this box. Comes is a Stage 1 or Stage 2 setup. Read about it first deciding which way to go.
Dodge Magnum JET Performance Chip Module 05-Up 5.7L Hemi
Item #
Your Price: $249.95-$259.95 (varies with options)

I've never had a jet chip that did anything they said the the company claims it would. I think if SuperChip or Predetor came out with a programmer, it would be a good investment, but IMHO save your $$ on the Jet Chip.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mike5959 said:
I never really used my truck as a truck anyway. I would take it to shows and stuff. Its not worth spending all that money on a pickup bed only to use it to carry cleaning supplies for the truck. Thats why I got the 2004 Expedition. But that thing is a huge pain. I was very uncomfortable driving it. I lowered it and added 23s and a stereo system along with SUPERCHIPS Tuner, intake and some lincoln navigator accessories but it wasn't what i wanted. I had liked the Magnum's from the minute I saw it and I am very happy with my decision.
You are somewhat like me, then. I have modded a few of my diesels, and that has been great... for a while. I just need a change. Out of 55-60,000 miles per year, most of it is just me commuting to work, to the jobsites, and back. I need a nicer ride. The dealer I usually deal with has offered a great deal on a loaded Five-Hudred, but to me, it's a grandma's car. I like to command some attention at the stoplights, and my trucks always do. Not because they are tweaked, but because they look good. Usually not like the next guys average ride. Not over done, just enough to turn a head and get a second look. Maybe it's just because they are clean. I don't know. That's something a Magnum will offer over a Five-Hundred. I even think so over a 300C. A Mag just looks tough and has the brawn to back it up. Who cares if it won't carry eight sets of golf clubs? It will boil down to the money in the end. After all, I probably will only have it a year, or so.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase! I was a bit hesitant before I bought my Magnum, but after owning it for a while now, I find it's a joy to drive on a daily basis!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.