DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I've searching the web for any info about this van, it's unique in that it is a manufactured camper, the interior is a finished camper with settee, fridge, stove, counters, sink, and sleeping berth.

The chassis is a 1983 B350 with a 318ci, 60+gal fuel tank, 7gal LP tank & 25gal fresh water tank.

Here are some outside pic's, the inside is kinda cluttered up with the passenger seat, engine cover and a bunch of tools, yesterday I did valve cover gaskets, plugs, wires cap& rotor.
Today is a carp rebuild.

Last week I took it for an 800 mile two day trip around the state just to see if it was something I could still do, I'm a retired automotive tech, 55yrs of fixing car's you'd think I would find a different hobby,,,,,,,,,,

I dubbed this a "Boat Top because when I first saw it that's what I thought it was, thought someone had just flipped a row boat over on top of it and made it a camper but the rear section is a flat luggage platform, the iside used to be a varnished wood panel lining in the top, I'll get some pic's of that when I'm finished with the engine work and have the clutter cleaned up but the previous owner didn't like the greyed area's from water damage, so they pained all the wood with primer.
It lookslike crap, runs and all,I've been able to remove the primer from the rib's & stringers, but the vernier of the paneling used is very stubborn to let go of the paint.
It must have been a real beautiful interior when it was all varnished up, I still can't believe they did what they did to it,,,,,,,

Anyway, name's Mike and any background d on this model would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And this view will give you a bit better idea why I thought it was just a boat on top.

It was neglected for so long, low miles, I'm still cleaning the top for a re-coat, the sides were just as bad but I've done those.

this was parked on the side of the street for a few years, It was on my way to work so I saw it just about every day, just couldn't stop having an interest in it, so I stopped one day to ask if they wanted to sell it.

It was really bad but I've done a lot of work to it already

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts