DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I just got my truck back from getting the spacers installed (along with shocks, u-joints, and wheel bearings...) and it rides rougher than I expected. (I'm not complaining, just wondering if that's normal?) Anyways, my main question is about tires. Right now I have 285/60-18's on. Which is like a 31.5 x 11.5" tire. I have a few different sizes in mind. I'm looking at 305/60-18's, and 325/60-18's. The 305's are like 32.5 x 12", and the 325's are like 33.5 x 12.8". Do you think the 325's will fit? I'm hoping they do. What do you think?

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
The 325/60's will fit, but might rub the control arms unless your rims have a little less backspacing than stock.
When i threw on my buddy's 33x12.50 super swampers, only the very edge of the side lugs hit my control arms on full lock, with a 4 inch backspace wheel (sticks out one inch farther than stock).

·
Mopar owner since 1977
1,204 Posts
I agree. You must rmember that when you add spacers you will move the axle back and shift it toward the drivers side.
You can restore it to center with an adjustable track bar and longer control arms. The track bar is the more crucial of the two, if you can only do one of the mods.
It probably does ride a bit rougher. You've changed the suspension arc in the axle and shortened it. This gives you less leverage and thus a rougher ride.

·
R.I.P Big Blue
5,326 Posts
It will ride rougher almost guarenteed, but it shouldn't feel like a wild bull.

And 33's will fit, as I had 32's on the factory suspension (the factory 31.5's). I know some people who run 35's with 3 inch spacers, and only one of them have rub on the control arms.

But I see you have 2 inch spacers, so you should still be able to get the 33's on it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, so it looks like I'm gonna put the 325's on. I don't know the exact number, but they do stick out from the fenders an inch or two. I'll try to find exact numbers on them soon. One more thing, do you think the 325's are too wide for 8.5" wheels? Remember, the 325's are almost 13" wide... but I guess if you can run 12.50's on the stock 7" wheels, I should be ok. Thoughts?

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
Yeah you'll be alright on the width. 325 works out to 12.79 inches wide.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, so I was thinking about ditching the 18x8.5's and getting something new. I'm undecided if I want to stay with 18's or step down to a 17 or 16" wheel to get a more aggressive look? Thoughts? Don't get me wrong, I love my 18's, but there are limited sizes for an 18" wheel, and the tires are ungodly expensive. Maybe some nice 17x9's with a 305/70-17? I guess I could do some new 18's. I don't know, I guess I just have to think about it. Sorry for rambling.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
WHat kind of shocks did you install if they were a gas or ntrogen charged that would cause a rougher ride over the stock shock. The spacers of 2" will pul your axle back but not enough to make it ride rougher mine rode the same but I had the same shocks on it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had some monroe sensatracs installed. Couldn't pass up the price. I payed 20 bucks a shock for them. Go figure. Here's a few pics of her stance. (Don't mind the steelies with 265's... they're just for winter.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.