DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2000 neon and well i need a new transmision. I dont really have the funds to buy a new one. N the local junkyards dont have any 2nd gen neons so i was wondering if anyone knew if i could use the trans from an older model. Or even one from a different dodge vehicle. I really need help so any positive feedback will help. Thanks for your time :cool:

· Registered
1,303 Posts

· Registered
1,303 Posts
you have to look those pages over for the lowest price. they always pad the front pages with the most expensive.

· Registered
1,303 Posts
that I'm unsure of but one of the other guys might know.

· Registered
1,056 Posts
if your 2nd gen has a 3 speed you should be able to swap it out of a 1st gen, because there are next to no electronics in the 3 speed, except for the speed sensor, neutral safety switch, and the TCC lockup, all of which are exactly the same if not very similar in most dodge models with the 3 speed.

1st gens didnt come with 4 speeds like some 2nd gens did, not sure on compatability with other models on that one

· Registered
97 Posts
ya i just put a 3 speed in my 1st gen neon..a 95 and it was 200 bucks for a 3 speed with 12,729 kms on it.....lol it was an insurance write off lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.