DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i toasted my 3rd gear, i knew it was coming i used to run 35's and tow some good weight, i have 77K miles are hard driving lots of second prime downshifting and downshifting in general, i mean i heard the warnings and didnt listen SO after getting my 210 cam i Toast my tranny the night before i was suppose to get a tune from hemifever!! SO i have been looking at all the options and decided to rebuild the thing myself since i cant come up with the funds for the sharadon stage 2 OR i dont really trust the junk yards!! Since the successful install of my cam i feel like i can accomplish great things :rck: SO at 5pm tonight it began, i decided to rebuild my tranny myself!! I stoped at 11pm and said WTF this is crazy after i have all the guts all over my kitchen in order on large pieces of paper i cant wait to hear my girlfriends comments tommorrow ha ha ha SO im waiting on a rebuild kit and a manual and im impatient so someone with tranny knowledge chime in and tell me what im looking at i found my problem areas for sure they were easy to spot expically since some of my clutch discs were actually rubbed raw to metal and warped!!! heres pics of the progress enjoy!!
Problem area

OUCH where the clutch??

2 worst side by side

second problem area

Looks like its been pretty hot

its all dissassembled and ready to clean and replace the wore out stuff!! :rck: stay tuned!!!

·
Banned
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
SO far so good well see how reassembly goes!!! it will be getting a edge 2800 stall, bigger cooler and a PML tranny pan, debating on a sharadon valve body too!!

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Damn, U got more guts than me. I had a friends Dad who rebuilt a tranny himself. Took him quite a while and he used a Polaroid camera! He snapped a pic of every single step of the way and numbered/labeled each pic. Then he put it all back together in reverse order. Craziness.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
..man your brave...I wanna learn about this...thanks for sharing...

·
Banned
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heres what the problem sounded and looked like!!! i could drive around in 1 and 2 BUT if i left it in drive...........

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
yup. luke, gadier, or jerry should be able to help you with this.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
DAMN... even when i knew it was coming.. i still gritted my teeth.. i hate that sight of yellow and that ding...

BTW what kind of exhaust do you have.. sounds quite nice/mean

·
Banned
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats the dynatechs and high flow cats though the DMH, thats what i usually run, when i go stealth i use the AT 3030 dumped BUT its not so stealth either HA HA

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
You got serious balls. That's all I'm gonna say about that!

·
Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
4,362 Posts
i rebuilt a few trannys also!

just take your time and you will be fine!

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
wow.............

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
i hate building tranny's how man times have you cut up your hands yet? all the machined edges in the case can be a PITA. and they will hurt that is for sure. allthough i have to say you are a brave man. i would not even attempt that in my kitchen my wife would be looking fora devorce lawer the next morning. and she would then own the pieces to a transmission.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
i dont have the balls to get into a tranny like that
but good luck

·
Banned
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no tranny was completly stock no edge or anything like that prolly wont do 456s i was only thinking about those because im stubborn and im not putting drag radials on mine im sticking to the stock 20's!! ha ha ha

·
Registered
837 Posts
Sh!t!!!!!! Good luck

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.