DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Project Power Ram
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After going much too long without a Dodge -- I'm back. Picked up a '93 W250 with a 5.9L Magnum last night. It's definitely been a work truck but mechanically it's still in very sound shape. Only has 140k miles on it and is an automatic with D44 up front and a D60 at the rear.

I must say compared to my other '93 W150 (which had the 5.2) the 5.9 definitely has more grunt -- it took forever to find a '93 with the 5.9 too!

No major plans for now...needs a few minor things done and eventually I'd like to do a 4" suspension lift with some 33s on fancier wheels.

It doesn't have much by way of options -- but where should the build sheet be in a '93?

·
Project Power Ram
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check at rough country there kit is 370.95
That's the kit I was planning on going with -- any thoughts as to if I can get away with just rear blocks or if I need new rear springs?

Sweet Ride!! I would love an older truck!
Thank you! I love these 1st Gen Rams (and even the 70s rigs too)!

·
Project Power Ram
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know...Thanks! I know it's done some hauling in its life, but I'll have to see how it sits on level ground.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Should be a decal type build sheet on the underside of the hood, driver's side. Mine was shot but barely readable on my '93 W350. Your truck is a lot nicer than mine when I first got it. Mine was originally a Missouri conservation truck and then a plow truck for a St.Louis area school district. I wished they would have washed the underside more than they did. But I still like the '72-'93 model trucks.

Dave
'93 W350 360 magnum 5 spd Dana 60 axles
'81 D250 crew cab 318-4bbl

·
Project Power Ram
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I thought but I don't recall seeing one (that's where it was on my two ex-70s Dodge trucks). I don't know much about the history of the truck unfortunately...but the bed/tailgate definitely look like those of a work truck! I am assuming it's from Colorado or a surrounding state as the frame/underside is pretty clean...I still have to crawl underneath and take a look -- it's due for an oil change so hopefully this weekend (weather pending)!

·
Project Power Ram
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are some pictures after a quick bath and wipe down of the interior a few days back. Still not a very pretty truck, but she's coming along...

It's now sporting nice used, un-cracked, non-taped taillights! I am in need of some good gray armrests if anyone happens to have some spares...

Also got a good used bumper installed yesterday (was over 50 out and my brother gave me a hand since he was visiting for Christmas)...

It's not perfect (or clean at the moment), but for $30 it looks much better than the old one (which was crooked, bent and dented with chrome plating coming off where the top/left bolt was)!

I also spent part of the afternoon repairing the latch on the passenger vent window as it was loose and not really keeping the glass sealed making for lovely wind whistle at speeds above 45!

If today is as nice as yesterday I'll hopefully get the rear bumper installed.

That's all for now -- hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

·
ol faithful
826 Posts
Here are some pictures after a quick bath and wipe down of the interior a few days back. Still not a very pretty truck, but she's coming along...

It's now sporting nice used, un-cracked, non-taped taillights! I am in need of some good gray armrests if anyone happens to have some spares...

Also got a good used bumper installed yesterday (was over 50 out and my brother gave me a hand since he was visiting for Christmas)...

It's not perfect (or clean at the moment), but for $30 it looks much better than the old one (which was crooked, bent and dented with chrome plating coming off where the top/left bolt was)!

I also spent part of the afternoon repairing the latch on the passenger vent window as it was loose and not really keeping the glass sealed making for lovely wind whistle at speeds above 45!

If today is as nice as yesterday I'll hopefully get the rear bumper installed.

That's all for now -- hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

that's a pretty old truck you got there:rck: nice find:) she's definately a keeper.:gr_patrio

·
Project Power Ram
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that's a pretty old truck you got there:rck: nice find:) she's definately a keeper.:gr_patrio
Thank you sir! It's a solid old beast for sure! :rck:

·
GetALittleMudOnTheTires
8,389 Posts
nice looking ram, looks to be in pretty good shape for its age

·
Project Power Ram
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now sporting a nice, straight rear bumper too...and now all of the lights on the rear of the truck work (when I got it 2 weeks ago I had parking/running lights and blinkers but no reverse or license plate lights)!

Before...

After...

·
ol faithful
826 Posts
Nice ass end shot!!!!:D:gr_patrio

·
Project Power Ram
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I've done lots since December -- replaced the front shocks, installed a Borgeson steering shaft..

...replaced a tie rod end, repacked the wheel bearings and then had an alignment done. I also had to re-wire the 2 year old JVC radio as it was installed horribly. Repainted the t-case lever and surround...

I got some NOS armrests for the doors...

...repaired the passenger door handle (as the sheet metal was cracking around the mounting holes), installed rear speakers from a LE model...and lastly it finally got the new wheels I refinished a couple months ago (along with new stainless center caps and chrome lug nuts/valve stems)...

·
Project Power Ram
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had been getting a weird pulsating from the front left caliper -- I think it was due to ill fitting (cheap) economy pads or bad clips/anti-rattle hardware (letting one of the pads move too much -- most noticeable at low speeds -- when on the brakes or not). The truck now has new professional grade pads, new hardware, and freshly bled brakes (all 4 corners plus the RWAL valve). Stopping is much improved!

·
Project Power Ram
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just to bring this thread up to speed, I've done quite a bit since the last update...

For starters I ended up needing new front rotors as one was damaged/warped.

I've also found a somewhat rare option at the yard, a behind-the-bench tray for the cab (#14 in the diagram below). It's quite useful and keeps everything from just sliding around back there:

I also found some "RAM" mud flaps at the yard, although the RAM logos needed to be repainted:

I now have a fully functional tailgate (the hinge points were damaged and there was some broken welds on the bed). The original tailgate was trashed, so I found a good, used tailgate, painted it in Dodge "bright white" and then installed a nice looking tailgate cover at the top (spent some time polishing it):

I've also needed a passenger side mirror for a while, however I've had a hard time finding one locally. On another Dodge site I found out that a Chevy truck mirror (from 80s trucks/suburbans) fits (you have to use the Dodge mirror mount and mount cover though). Interestingly enough the Dodge (plastic/chrome) and Chevy (metal/polished) are made by the same company, however the Chevy mirror has a shorter stem so it sits slightly lower.

Lastly over this past weekend I finally got to really use the truck and it's earned its keep! I towed a lot of stuff in the bed and with the trailer in the picture below and it didn't skip a beat! I couldn't be happier! :D

·
Project Power Ram
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well after much searching I finally have my 8' Utiline bed -- found it at the yard on Friday:

and went back for it Saturday:

It now sits in my garage awaiting some work...going to put some new wood flooring in as well as fix a few dings and dents here and there. I plan to have the whole truck painted afterwards. I've always wanted a 8' utiline and kicked myself after I passed up an '80 W250 a couple years back...now I'll have one of few (if not the only) '93 W250 Utiline! :D

·
ol faithful
826 Posts
Thats nice. What color do you plan on painting the truck when finished?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.