DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Rollin On 4:56's
1,835 Posts
dont sweat it bro. as adults, thats what we learn throughout life experience. we eventually will teach our kids what you have done to understand how to weigh all the factors and come to a sensible decision. and thats what you have done. all this crap with the realestate values and economy wont last forever. you did what you felt was right, and i give you and the misses a big :tup::tup:! it blows that it came to this, but always know you did what needed to be done. lots of luck to you and the family. stick around here.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Congrat on your new rig and by the way where is the pics.

·
Project Kenpachi '07-
530 Posts
Hate to see this happen to a fellow Dodge owner, especially of a Ram. Too bad you couldn't have parked it and found another ride instead.

****ing politicians. They're doing it to Dodge owners all over again. Remember what happened in the 70's when oil prices went ape shit, and Dodge owners began to bail out of their rides? People were giving away their Challengers, Road Runners, and Chargers for mere pennies, while others stored them away for safe keeping, refusing to let go. Count me in as one that refuses to let go.

No matter what, the Ram stays put.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hate to see this happen to a fellow Dodge owner, especially of a Ram. Too bad you couldn't have parked it and found another ride instead.

****ing politicians. They're doing it to Dodge owners all over again. Remember what happened in the 70's when oil prices went ape shit, and Dodge owners began to bail out of their rides? People were giving away their Challengers, Road Runners, and Chargers for mere pennies, while others stored them away for safe keeping, refusing to let go. Count me in as one that refuses to let go.

No matter what, the Ram stays put.
I wish my flipping dad would have been one of the ones that held on to his 1971 chevelle ss! Pisses me off whenever i flippin think about it, but i guess he had to do what he had to do at the time. Flippin Mo Fo!!! One day i will own one though! Times are hard these days and we must do what we have to to make it out here, so at least you realized that before things got real tuff

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for all the support guys :tup:

Congrat on your new rig and by the way where is the pics.
I didn't think anyone would want to see em heh, but thanks for asking :) Here ya go:

Here's the wifes new Matrix XRS:

It has pretty much all the options, sat radio, blue tooth in car phone, 5 speed, 18 inch rims, 2.4l and we've been averaging a better than advertised 29 mpg out of it. It handles really well and the 2.4l is silky smooth. Also came with a Toyota guaranteed trade in value in x years for x dollars, and if not Toyota writes us off the difference. Pretty cool really.

My new(to me) car, the Mazda6:

Not bad for 94,000+ miles and counting :)

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
I hate to tell you this but I pick stuff like that out of my grill every other week. If you don’t mind the dents and dry-out skeletons, you can find those things lying around all the car-washes where in Texas.

:D

Sorry, I had to raze you a little. I hope to see you back on DT when the oil/gas bubble pops and you’re back in a Dodge truck or at least a Dodge car.

:cool:

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
sorry to see anther one bite the dust, but you gotta do whats best for you. I just bought a Suzuiki DRZ400S dual sport bike to ride to work on the nice days. I agree is sucks having such a nice truck sitting in the driveway, but I don't want to have to give it up, plus I would be sooooo far upside down its not worth even thinking of trading.

Anyway I really enjoy having a street legal dirt bike now. 55+ mpg was just an excuse to get the new toy;)

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
Well, gas is $5.92 per u.s. gal for mid-grade here in British Columbia Canada.......my last fill up was $146.00. Still can't justify selling the truck....I'll never get what I think it's worth. Besides my truck is paid off so I guess I'll be keeping it. My wife's car I pay $450.00 per month plus $250.00 for gas which adds up to $700.00.....still cheaper to drive my truck....ugh. Sorry you had to let your rig go....

·
Registered
378 Posts
$1.489 a liter diesel here yesterday. Put $156 into the Dodge, and it was only just below 1/4 tank. But I'm not complaining, it gets double the mileage my last POS F150 ever did (all time best was 12.8 mpg imperial), and the power is no comparison. That ferd couldn't keep ahead of its own shadow, and pulling a trailer was completely out of the question. I tried once and only once. A 2600 pound trailer, level ground, no wind, full throttle in 4th on a 5 speed, and couldn't maintain 50mph with everything it had. The Dodge pulls 10,000 without breathing hard and gets better mileage doing it than the ferd did empty.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
It's nice that you find a woman that drives stick. It was heck trying to teach mine:shocked:. But I gave her an incentive, if she wanted a Jeep she'll learn to drive stick. And she did, now she is learning what the transfer case lever does:D

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.