DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aight well first im a newb on this site and i joined just to be able to see what other dodge owners r doin to their rides and such... but to the point i have a 1998 dodge dakota with a 3.9 v6 im havin some issues with the heat workin properly.. me and my dad have been workin on it for about 4 hours and no luck... we first checked the t-stat and i have changed it twice(this happened a while back).. then we checked the switchs inside to see if they were messed up... still no luck... a moment ago we took off the water lines runnin to the heater core and blew air threw it to see if there were any clogges..nothin... we then switched the lines and that run into the heater core to see if they were switched or something b4 we bought it...still no luck.. everything seems to be flowin properly... so heres the question what else could be causing the heat to not get hot like it should... i believe the last t-stat we put in it was a 185 but im not sure should i just simply put a hotter stat.. thanks in advance... i should be takin it to the shop tomorrow but i was just wantin to c if i could do somethin b4 then

·
The Green Machine
1,722 Posts
Check the blend door and make sure it's shutting all the way (so that it's not mixing cold outside air with your heat)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welp no worries now its leaking antifreeze into the floorboard so i reckon ill write this one off as a busted heatercore... but thanks for the replies... does anyone know how difficult it is to change b/c it looks to me as if i will have to take my dash completely appart to even get to it?

·
The Green Machine
1,722 Posts
That's correct - the dash has to come out. Might as well do the evaporator while you have it apart (you'll end up having to do it eventually anyway...)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
call me stupid but what exactly does the evaporater do?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.