DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting illuminated vanity mirrors on my visors, mine are stock right now (just mirror, no lights). So while I was at the dealership today (oil change) I asked about the illuminated visors. After a little digging they found that the illuminated visors are actually cheaper than the stock visors, huh? Drivers is $16 and passenger is $14. Stock are about $20 each. I told them to order them and I'll let you guys know what the "deal" is, if any. Just thought I would pass this along for those who might be looking for these as well. I never see them on Ebay, and for that price, would be cheaper through the dealer, go figure.

·
Registered
444 Posts
That price seems awfully low, when I replaced the visors in my Ram they were approx 70.00 each but they made the wife happy, you may want to double check, if you get them for 16.00 thats a bargain

Bob

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be interested to see these when they come in, even the parts guy could not believe it. He told me that he would order them then I could check them out if they are the real deal. If they are what they say, I may have found the exception about the whole "stealership" thing (although I have nothing but good to say about my dealer, small town perk)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are the real thing, and paid $32.28 for both of them, woo-hoo! Now the down side, my SLT does not have the wiring above the headliner for them :( I'm checking on getting the wiring harness to make them work. I'm assuming that for folks with the home link overhead console or DVD you would probably be good to go. If anyone is interested in getting these, shoot me an E-mail and I'll give you his name and number, he said he would try to get them for anyone before Chrysler finds this possible oversight. this is through my local Chrysler dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I realize this is the Durango forum... But when I was installing my console in my 2003 Ram STX I found a pigtail connector for the visors in the front passenger A pillar.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Zealous! I looked all up and down the drivers side A-piller, never checked the passenger side. I'll take a look tonight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update?

Hi there -

I was wondering if there was any resolution to the wiring issue? Was the harness on the right A-pillar? I'd like to install these in our 04 SLT as well.

Davedoger - (I e-mailed you too) Would you please PM me the name of where I can get the deal you got?

Thanks,

Hoppy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just bringing this back to the top. I'd like to do this to my wife's Durango as well. What was the verdict on the install?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.