DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always called my 5.2 sport a turd, but after I drove a 2005 4x2 f150 with the 4.6, I'll never put my 5.2 down again. That 4.6 doesn't have enough power to pull a greased string out of a cats ass, what a DOG!!!! Felt lazy at any rpm, unresponsive and was just a overall slug. I am now on the hunt for every 4.6/5.4 ( non L trucks of course lol) truck a I can find at the stop lights lmao easy kill won't even be the half of it :D

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
man this makes me wonder, i drove a 4.6 that im pretty sure would smoke my 5.9 of course that was a 4x2 versus my 4x4.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you are runnin those 35's with 3.55 gears, thats your biggest problem as far as acceleration goes.

*nevermind, just saw you had the off road edition that comes with 4.10's

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
There also a small 33 inch tire

·
I R SMRAT.
1,622 Posts
My dad owned a '96 150 with the 4.6 in it and you're absolutely right! That truck wouldn't get out of it's own way. :tdwn:

·
Registered
527 Posts

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
276 Posts
My friend has a 4.6 with an edge programmer and exhaust with 32 m/ts. From 20mph until I let off i was pulling away from him.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Ford just sucks that's about all there is to know :thatfunny

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Yeah, I call mine a gutless wonder, but sometimes it has a good day and surprises me with better than average acceleration.

I got the same feeling you did when I test drove a new 2500 Hemi 6spd about a year ago. Had decent power, nothing that would put a sh#tty grin on your face. Then I got back in my little 5.2 and it had the same feel as the hemi. I thought, "what am I complaining about?" and went on my merry way. . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.