DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Ram_Angel said:
Hi! I am part of a Dodge Chapter from another site , it covers the entire state. PM me for the website, join up, and after you attain 21 posts, you can join the Illinois Chapter. I'm also joining the Chicagoland Mopar Connection, for details on that... go to www.chicagolandmopar.com :)
Not to degrade your site in any way, shape, or form, but if more people will get involved here at DT and not just post links to other places, this can be the "destination" site for Dodge owners in your area!

Look for instance at what we have done in Texas. A year ago a few of us started trying to organize and get people involved, and now both the DFW and Houston areas have meets regularly (Houston has one every month now) and more and more people are getting involved every day! It take a little work to get things going, but the DT site is the very best starting point you could hope for!

So in direct response to your post, let me be the first to invite all the members of your club to DodgeTalk.com! :gr_patrio

·
Registered
287 Posts
chicago here...not many others on this forum from chicago

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
'Round round get around, I get around! Yeah...get around 'round 'round, I get around! :D

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
She's my little Deuce Coup...you don't no what I got! :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FreeLantz said:
Not to degrade your site in any way, shape, or form, but if more people will get involved here at DT and not just post links to other places, this can be the "destination" site for Dodge owners in your area!

Look for instance at what we have done in Texas. A year ago a few of us started trying to organize and get people involved, and now both the DFW and Houston areas have meets regularly (Houston has one every month now) and more and more people are getting involved every day! It take a little work to get things going, but the DT site is the very best starting point you could hope for!

So in direct response to your post, let me be the first to invite all the members of your club to DodgeTalk.com! :gr_patrio
I'll have to stop by a DFW meet when i visit my sis in denton this summer.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ram_Angel said:
I know! There's not alot that talk from this area...
saw there was one guy in mapel park we should get a bunch togheter and all meet a sycamore speedway can have a meet and the watch some awsome clay track racing.
:rck: they have one on one drags on the clay oval :crazy:

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Blue Island used to be my home-I left forTexas long ago

·
Spaz
6,375 Posts
ozzy60107 said:
saw there was one guy in mapel park we should get a bunch togheter and all meet a sycamore speedway can have a meet and the watch some awsome clay track racing.
:rck: they have one on one drags on the clay oval :crazy:
Sounds great! Let's set a date! Bear in mind I work nights... and I'm about an hour or so from there!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ram_Angel said:
Sounds great! Let's set a date! Bear in mind I work nights... and I'm about an hour or so from there!
I work nights too that sucks because friday nights are the best night in my opinion.
when i get my schedule for the track then we can pick one.
wish i lived closer to the chicagoland speedway there by you that place is awsome! :rck:
Like a ******* disneyland :thatfunny

·
Spaz
6,375 Posts
ozzy60107 said:
I work nights too that sucks because friday nights are the best night in my opinion.
when i get my schedule for the track then we can pick one.
wish i lived closer to the chicagoland speedway there by you that place is awsome! :rck:
Like a ******* disneyland :thatfunny
:thatfunny That's hilarious!!

What? You don't have friday nights off? I work sunday-thursday nights.... that works out great..except for the speedway has test n tunes on Tuesdays. But the track's so close to work I could just go!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
track

I work for a school in the summer we work days and have friday off because we do 10 hours 4 days.
I'm actually taking the summer off :rck: gotta check out a test and tune!

·
Registered
80 Posts
i also work sunday nights thru thurs... been trying to to get some people off their butt at DTO site...no luck. anything planned in the near future RAM ANGLE ? have you all been down Starved Rock way ?

·
Illinois Boy
1,018 Posts
Lake County fair you could always go to:)
Parking in a big grass lot is free.

ADMISSION TO GROUNDS:
Adult General Admission...$5.00 per day.
Children Age 12 and under are Free.
Seniors (Age 65 and over)...$3.00 per day.
Free Parking

AUGUST
- 4th Fairboard meeting 8 PM Fair Office
- 11th Fairboard meeting 8 PM Fair Office
- 16th thru 21st LAKE COUNTY FAIR

FAIR ENTERTAINMENT
- 16th Truck and Tractor Pulls - 7:30 PM
- 17th Demolition Derby - 7:00 PM
- 18th Moto Cross Racing - 8:00 PM
- 19th Rodeo - 7:30 PM
- 20th Country Recording Star Pete Schlegel
with Abbey Rodeo - 7:00 PM
- 21st Demolition Derby - 7:00 PM
- 20th and 21st Harness Racing - 1:00 PM

I personally go there for the derby and pulls. The pulls are LOUD, the first time In my life last year I heard a 350ci twin turbo straight piped in one of the pulls, WOW. Those diesel tractor pulls are insane also

http://www.lakecountyfair.org/

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
tractor

I miss tractor pulls me and my dad would go to the rosemont horizion every year and see them they where awsome :rck:
my dad is friends with the the guy who owns bigfoot then he was the only truck now all you have is trucks and no tractors.
:gr_patrio

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.