Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just my truck or is it that the light ring around the key ignition does
not light up at all. If it does what can I do to fix it.

Ken

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
My brother's '01 doesn't light up, though it is supposed to. My '96 lights up, and it may be some sort of bulb or a fuse. I hope someone chimes in on this, but I know it is supposed to light up green.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well mine doesn't light up either on my 1997 Ram. I'd enjoy figuring this out. The manual with the truck doesn't even mention the light ring as far as I recollect. Hopefully someone has some advice.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've searched the 2001 service manual and didn't find anything with Ignition light ring or light ring, looked through the interior lightning and again nothing, if anyone has the actual name for it i'll search for that but right now turning up nothing.

I'd assume it's a fuse or switch, i'll take a look around my truck see if i can figure out what it's actually tied too.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I installed a steel collar under the plastic cover on the ignition housing of my Grand Cherokee. It has a small light that illuminates the ring. I think it takes a 15 torx bit to remove the plastic covers. Its been over a year so I can't remember all of the details but I hope this helps get you started.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I used to have a '95 dakota and it's ring didn't light. I determined that the time delay relay for the fuse block didn't come with my trim package. Bought the relay from the delear, plugged it in, and it worked fine. You didn't mention the year of your truck, so it may not use a time delay relay any more.

·
Registered
607 Posts
As a glowing ring, you'd not be surprised to find that it's called a halo light, never looked too closely at mine but I think it's integral to the ignition switch, and operated by the Central Timer Module

·
Registered Insane
200 Posts
This wouldn't happen to come only with a light package? Just guessing.

·
Yea boooyeee!
1,996 Posts
It's my best friend, doesn't matter how wasted/tired you are, You can always find where the key is supposed to go! Thanks Dodge!

(I'm kidding... but honestly tho)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Looks like it was part of the Lamp group, which included the underhood light and the glovebox lamp, so if you don't have those, maybe you aren't meant to have a halo either.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
As a glowing ring, you'd not be surprised to find that it's called a halo light, never looked too closely at mine but I think it's integral to the ignition switch, and operated by the Central Timer Module
where is the central timer located? I remember someone on here posted that their halo light didn't turn off. If this occurs on mine I'd like to know where to look.
Thanks

·
Registered
607 Posts
Under the dash, between steering column and the ashtray.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.