DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The State of Georgia has restored the tinted window law, and are now issuing major tickets, even if you are not a Georgia resident. I had my driver and passenger windows tinted to match the factory tint shortly after I got my Magnum. I am now going to have to rip this out and retint @ 32%. :banghead:

I am getting ready to drive down I-75 into Florida, and anyone that has driven the lower I-75 from Tifton to Valdosta, knows the State Patrol will stop you for breaking wind. I guess I need to remove the tint to avoid the $1000 fine.

Here is a link to the press release. HOUSE BILL RESTORES GEORGIA’S WINDOW TINT LAW

·
Registered
151 Posts
Violation of the law by either driving a vehicle with illegal window tint or installing the illegal material is a misdemeanor and punishable by a fine up to $1,000 and/or up to 12 months imprisonment.
I am getting ready to drive down I-75 into Florida, and anyone that has driven the lower I-75 from Tifton to Valdosta, knows the State Patrol will stop you for breaking wind. I guess I need to remove the tint to avoid the $1000 fine.
I think I'd be more leery of that 12 month jail time....

Heading off to Solorworks to get my new 32% + or - 3% front window tinitng done...

Mike

·
Mainiac
526 Posts
Consider yourselves lucky. Here in CA you can't improve on factory tint at all. ...Although violating the law is just a fixit, is commonly done and is hardly ever enforced...

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
Yeah mattroberts it is hardly enforced.Here in southern california just everyone and there mom has tinted windows.If the cop is a real DICK he will stop you.But most of the time they dont even bother since everyone has tinted windows.I had a neighbor that was a cop and he said you would only mostlikely get pulled over if you have extremely dark limo tint or if the cops flashlight does not show a clear image of the driver when he flashes at it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
IF I ever get stopped with my ~25% tint, the first thing to happen would be the interior lights going on, and the drivers side windows (both of them) going down. I don't want any trooper feeling nervous at all walking up to my car.

Mike

·
Mainiac
526 Posts
I have a couple of good friends who are in LE. One of which is a CHP. He happily admits he made a career of writing tint tickets.

Yes he is a supreme a$$hole, but so am I so we get along :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
CRMRAM said:
If the cop is a real DICK he will stop you.
I think the DICK-iness of the person being pulled over is a greater influence in the writing of a tint ticket than the DICK-iness ofthe LEO. But then again I may be a little biased, I have lots of friends and one step-dad who are/where LEOs.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm in Northern CA and every day, I see cars/trucks with windows so dark, you can't see through them. I know it's not legal, but, the cops just seem to ignore them. Now, if I did it, I'd have every cop within 50 miles standing in line to write me a ticket.

On the other side of the coin, I can really see the point of not tinting the driver/passenger windows. A cops job is risky enough. Why add to the tension?

·
Registered
43 Posts
In Savannah,ga The Police Cars Are All Tinted With Either 5% Or 25% To "protect Their Electronic Equiptment".... What About My Electronic Equiptment! I Bet They Wont Have To Take Their Tint Off! I Was A Cop For 8 Years And I Never Had A Problem With Tinted Windows Aslong As They Rolled Them Down Before I Walked Up To The Car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just put about 2000 miles on the ole RT on a weekend jaunt to South Carolina. . . cut across Georgia on I-20 and stayed a night in Atlanta. Averaged about 78 mph+ on the highway and stuck right with 22.2mpg. I have deep tint all the way around including front driver/passenger windows. I guess I was just lucky. . . all the troopers I saw had Mustangs and rice rockets pulled over. ha!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Here's an idea, and mind you... it's an untested, untried, and in no way guaranteed to work idea...

ROLL DOWN YOUR WINDOWS!!!!!!

:D:D:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.