DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, if yall had $750 to spend of Performance mods what would you buy?? This is for my Truck and its all stock, Im not really into loud exhuasts and i dont really have the skills to do internal mods. What and where yall spend the money?

·
bigkuntry72
648 Posts
SCT tuner and a cold air intake. or gears.

·
Mopar owner since 1977
1,204 Posts
+1 on the tuner, but I'd get a 14x3 chrome A/C and install it. Any monies left should be spent on a good tune up and maybe a hotter coil. Both MSD and Accel make one that bolts on your stock bracket.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Yeah, tune and maybe a CAI.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, ive already got 4.10s they should be fine with my 33s. I recently did a tune up but used some cheap parts. I am pretty sure i got the Death Flash (sticker on the pcm that says Autorised dealer something). Should i go ahead and do the SCT tuner? ro would a super chip be enough? I dont wont to write off exhuast mods all together just nothing loud i would like alittle rumble.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yea its a 2001 1500 Off Road 360 and Freshly rebuilt Auto with a shift kit!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much is a Fastman 52mm?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yep, throttle body & then a Major tune up, plugs/cap/rotor/wires, diff fluids, change (all) the hoses and add fresh coolant. Maybe flush the Brake fluid, & check out the brake hoses & the pads, change the P/Steering fluid. Maybe a new set of shocks...

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, Lets say $1,000 lol. Ive already took care of all the fluids mainly looking at performance mods (still gotta get a new cap and rotor).

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im thinking 14x3 Aircleaner,SCT tuner,Fastman 52mm TB, Magnaflow Muffler. How much louder is a Highflow cat compared to the Factory one and is it worth the money?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Im thinking 14x3 Aircleaner,SCT tuner,Fastman 52mm TB, Magnaflow Muffler. How much louder is a Highflow cat compared to the Factory one and is it worth the money?
Your list above is good except the wasting money on the hi-flow cat. Here is another mod under a 100 bucks and it works get a crank pulley ONLY, not the three piece kit or you will have charging and cooling problems.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats the one i was trying to think of, Ive read conflicting info on ignition kits what do yall think?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
if you have the death flash i HIGHLY VOTE SUPERCHIPS FLASHPAQ, i had the death flash , and when i put the superchips on felt like a brand new truck, and trust me " you will love the new found power " thats about $300 then i would get the 14x3 for $75 on summit,

i would say1.7 harland sharps non-adj rollor rocker would be my next guess but you dont want internal , it really is that hard to do, for the power its totally worth it.

highflow cat are totally worth it if you want your truck loud as a mother lol made my truck 3 times louder http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWcbsh-oxA

fastman was also a good one , good throttle responce of it, for lil extra get up and go.

i heard headers but dont quote me havent got that far yet lol

good luck with your pick my vote goes for the tuner for sure 1st, get rid of the dreaded death flash!!!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Thats the one i was trying to think of, Ive read conflicting info on ignition kits what do yall think?
ignition kits not worth it , msd 8.5 superconductors/coil and ngk iridium plugs are good to add if thats what your looking for.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
open up your exhaust too, they say you can gain up to 5 % more power doing it , get a 3 chamber muffler and a highflow cat, shouldnt be loud, it will def sound good for sure though deep and aggressive. mine has a single chamber thats why mine so loud, but i plan on making it louder with a cutout :)

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys, where is the best places to buy this stuff? Ive sent Hemifever a PM about the SCT, and obisoulsly Fastman for the throttle body. What about the other stuff?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
do you a aftermarket muffler yet ???? if not i would get one too give it some sound these 5.9 and 5.2 are the best sounding motors

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nope, thats on my list. I think ive about got it figured out Thanks alot guys!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.