DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
boost it. build a turbo kit and throw 7-10psi at it and go. your still driving a heavy truck so its not going to be a rocket.
these engines never made a bunch of power so a simple heads cam package isnt going to give you the power you want.....really anything you do isnt going to give you the power your looking for unless you stroke it and do some serious work. unless your looking at beating a v6 mustang. even at that the new ones make more power and weigh less then these trucks do.

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
Your not going to get into a supercharger tuned for under 4k unless you get a steal of a deal on a kit. Even then most used ones run around 2500 on the low low end. No injectors or tuning

·
Registered
892 Posts
As people have said, $4,000 ain't going to do it. To be a true Mustang hunter you're going to need to drop it to bring the center of gravity down, custom suspension front & rear for handling, bigger brake package to stop it on a dime, and transplant some serious power under the hood like maybe a Viper V10. By the time you got through all of that, you would have been money & time ahead if you had just sold your soul and bought a Demon, Hellcat, or perhaps a Viper.

Now if a long lost billionaire uncle dies and leaves you his entire estate, skip all that and get a Bugatti Veyron and call it a night. :D

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
Lowering brakes to beat a mustang? We're not talking about track racing. It doesn't need to go around corners. People want what they want. If he wants to make a ram as fast as a mustang he needs to build. Not asking if you had a 4000 deposit on a new car what to get. Kinda straying from the point.

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
Also don't need a v10 to beat a mustang. My old 318 with a turbo would eat a 5.0 mustang. Forced induction or nitrous will make anything fast.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I need to just sit and talk with a few mopar engine builders. Some of the Dakota rt guys do some wicked stuff on stock bottom ends. I'm thinking that good heads, cam, 4bbl intake & TB, forged pistons, clean up stock crank & rods, injectors, headers,boost, & spray should make it fun. And yep, $4k isn't gonna touch it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Lowering brakes to beat a mustang? We're not talking about track racing. It doesn't need to go around corners. People want what they want. If he wants to make a ram as fast as a mustang he needs to build. Not asking if you had a 4000 deposit on a new car what to get. Kinda straying from the point.
Yeah - there's quite a bit of overkill there. :dev I'm of the opinion that if you're going to go hunting, make sure you're armed to the teeth and capable of running him down.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Has anyone thought of strapping on a solid rocket booster? They look damn impressive, make gobs o' noise n isn't that the most important part of the mystique of going fast, AND no one will be able to touch you n the quarter mile (depending on the size of course). Not to mention, it'll give a whole new meaning to the street racers phrase "eat my dust!!! AND...you can probably find one/or have one built for around 4 large and not have to spend hours n money altering the innards on ol' yeller ;)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
we are going to turn this juice box into a power aid!
these are my broo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.