DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trucks sitting on a lift and not drivable. Jeff @ powertrax- richmond gear told me I would have the part today. Not only did it not come but now they are telling me they dont have the part nor a whole assy there @ richmond gear to get me going and they offered no solution I can see other than buying a new one and hoping they will give me my money back under warranty which aint gonna happen cause they want me to send them the part, determine it is warranty and then send the fix back to me. So go ahead and by that shit if you wanna get screwed :VHOT:

·
Registered
258 Posts
My friend has quik locks in his toyota.....those sob's work! We had to pull someone out one time, my friend accidentally didnt get one of the hubs fully locked and the locked hub was still pulling. That is locked, it was so ridiculous that even with one hub not locked it still tranferred power to the locked wheel. Maybe you should try them if you cant get richmond to act like a descent company.

·
Registered
95 Posts
:( To late. I just hope I get lucky and never have problems. Hope you get your truck back soon.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
That's a big pile of crap, their customer service SUCKS. I would never dream of pulling that with any of my customers, well hopefully this will cost them a few sales. Hope you get your truck up and running soon!!!

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got off the phone with brad @ STRIPPER MOTOR SPORTS. I bought the pos form him and hes sending me a new pt no slip--have it here tuesday. we gonna get the part we need off the new one and send it back to brad for a refund and he will run the warranty thru richmond! Now I dont care who you are, BRAD AND STRIPPER MOTOR SPORTS ROCK!!!!!!!

·
MORE! MORE! MORE!
2,914 Posts
Ya I agree they do rock. There also local to me too, 5 min away! Got some stuff from him. Glad to see that your going to be on your way soon!

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Yeahh, at one time I had the POWER TRAX on my "dream sheet" but I changed that after all the negative feedback coming from POWERTRAX owners... Nothing but problems with the POWER TRAX... I now have my sites aimed at the Detroit True track.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would have changed after all this chit but i dont want to remove the gears again and the powertraax is the only one i know of that drops in the carrier. if there is another that will and i have another failure, ill buy it and make a boat anchor outta the powertrax :rck:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Its definately cost them one sell. I will be looking elsewhere for my LSD that's for sure. I hate it when people don't stand by there product or even try to help you. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since my installer had so many problems putting in the orginal powertrax, I have decided and i think its a no brainer to keep th ewhole new assy and send back th eold one rather than just takin the part i need a swaping it. Any 1 think there is any adverse affects to my new royal purple gear oil when the wheel bearing grease we have to use to assy the pt washes out?

·
Registered
985 Posts
my installer told me to stay away from the unit, definitely going to have to listen now.

·
~3 tOns oF fUn~
836 Posts
I've had the powertrax no-slip in my truck for about 10 months now, no complaints at all...wasn't hard at all to install either.

·
RamByBlood
1,309 Posts
I'm glad to hear that Brad @ Stripper Motor Sports took care of you! They are stand up guys there! I had my cam and my 4.56's installed there, but went with the Detroit TrueTrac (kinda glad I did, cuz I originally wanted the Powertrax).

Anyhoot, I say keep the entire new assembly, you can likely even install that yourself. Do you have access to tools and the service manual?

I wouldn't install the ring and pinion myself, but the LSD unit is a DIY item. I see you said your truck is on a lift, where at?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've had the Powertrax no-slip unit in my truck for about 4 months and I love it. I installed it myself in the driveway fairly easily, and I have absolutely no experience with that sort of thing. I haven't gotten close to getting stuck yet in my 2wd since putting the unit in, and I've gone several places that I know I wouldn't have made it through when my truck had an open diff & street tires. I haven't had to deal with the service department, but as far as the product goes I'm very pleased.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just to clarify, my beef is not with the product but rather richmond gear tech support for lack of help. I was told there were no units or parts on the shelf to send me, yet Brad ordered my replacement from them and they shipped NDA-should be here today. So what it comes down to is a piss poor policy of not dealing with customer and lieing. They are not a direct sales company and I understand that but it was like they didnt trust me to return the old one even tough i offered my credit card number as hostage. That and they damn sure knocked me back 3 days screwing around with telling me they would ship me a new part etc. So ive been driving a 1998 or so freakin dodge mini van loaner. talk about ruining a rep around town lol. I should sue for mental stress :thatfunny

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well we were screwed by richmond gear again! they told brad last friday they would ship the part out NDA on monday and I would get it today. So I caled brad to see where it was and he said he had just called them and they didnt have one in stock so theres another 4 days lost! Brad tracked one down at another vendor and i should have it tomorrow. Its just pure damn lazy in this day and age where you dont have instant access via computer to see if you have a part in inventory while you are on the phone with a vendor and then not even a phone call when they discovered they were out of it. Piss poor customer service-hell ,you cant even have piss poor service when you have NONE!!! :VHOT: My truck will have been sitting on the lift at Martin Motors 7 days come wed.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dude ,did you read the post above? brad and stripper rock!! The piss poor service was from richmond. they tell you they will send you something even when they have no idea if they have it or not. then they make you call back 2-3 days later when it dont show up and its:"oh! we dont have that part in stock" Bottom line is they dont give a rats ass about you -- just the bottom line :VHOT:

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
It sounds like they where telling you the truth the first time... but when brad called them up he got a the wrong answer... so first they suck because they told you NO we dont have the part (The truth) and then they suck because they told you they did have the part but really didnt have the part....

chipraider77 said:
I was told there were no units or parts on the shelf to send me, yet Brad ordered my replacement from them and they shipped NDA-should be here today. So what it comes down to is a piss poor policy of not dealing with customer and lieing.
I dont doubt you recieved poor customer service,... Im saying how I understood your issue from what you have posted...

I hate it when you order somthing and they tell you they have what your looking for and when you get there to pick it up they dont have it... I agree the world is full of lazy people.

I hope you get your part in, good luck.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No you have missed something here. They orginally told me they wouldnt send me squat because they dont do retail and they wanted me to send them the bad part/ assy leaving my truck un-usable while they determined if it was warranty. After I raised enough hell pointing out my dailey driver is on a lift , they told me they would send me the defective part. It was too late wed to get it out so they would ship thursday and I would have it friday. Friday, when it didnt show, I called and thats when they said they didnt have the part or assy on the shelf. Jeff @ powertrax told me he personally went down and took a look. Now keep in mind im calling a 864 area code which is in upstate sc. So i called brad and thats when he got involved was on friday evening. They told him they would ship first thing monday for a tuesday delivery. Tuesday come and no part so brad calls them and he gets the same story- no part -thats 4 shipping days plus a weekend now! So now its too late to get it out tuesday from another vendor brad called and it finally gets here thursday afternoon. On the shipping label inside the package there is a return addy with my name on it as well as that of a richmond gear place in virginia!! So i would say its a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing and in business, thats pisss poor customer service.Another thing i would add is the instructions provided, while adaquate, should be updated from lessons learned. I helped install this one because i wanted to make damn sure it was right and i can tell you there are several things they could update in the instructions that would save a tremendous amount of time for some people during the install, those people being the do it ureselfers who only have to do it once and have no experience.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.