DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was reading posts on the Trans Temp installation, everyone asking the same basic questions, Where, how much, how hard. This seems to be common with most of the mods we do, we see, we research, we order from whom ever we can, we also pay shipping from several companies & wait until all the items come in. It seems like theres a large enough market to offer these mods in ready to install kits. I did the same thing with the Viper Fan & Controller. Its still not installed because of the overflow jugs, again the whole (KIT) thing. With as many how to articles we have it would be nice to see the most popular ones offered in (KIT) form. HINT HINT !

·
Daytona #8457
773 Posts
I COMPLETELY agree. I want to do the Viper fan, but I know that as soon as I get it, it will sit in my garage for a month because I won't have another car to use while taking everything apart and figuring out how to install it step by step, trimming fan cowling, wiring.. all that jazz. I would buy one in a heartbeat if it came with everything for my truck. A fan shroud, or even a template of how to cut my existing one and every bit of information I need. Same goes for a LOT of other products that seem... incomplete.

~Dodge Guy~

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
DodgeGuy524 said:
I COMPLETELY agree. I want to do the Viper fan, but I know that as soon as I get it, it will sit in my garage for a month because I won't have another car to use while taking everything apart and figuring out how to install it step by step, trimming fan cowling, wiring.. all that jazz. I would buy one in a heartbeat if it came with everything for my truck. A fan shroud, or even a template of how to cut my existing one and every bit of information I need. Same goes for a LOT of other products that seem... incomplete.

~Dodge Guy~
if you want to retain it in the stock shroud its really easy. the stock shroud does not require cutting at all. its the viper fan that needs to be trimmed. and if you had to you, could work on some of it, and reinstall the stock fan untill you had the time to work on it again. it would not hurt anything.

i have to disagree though i would rather buy the parts when i can instead of getting a kit. if you got everything in a kit the cost would be higher. and it would put it out of reach for some. theway it is now if you have the $$ for the fan but cannot afford the controller you could just get the fan and wait untill you have the $$$ for the controller. and buy it in stages. but i think if it was offered in both ways that would be cool too.

·
Daytona #8457
773 Posts
I agree. I am not talking about all the companies making everything in a "kit". Simply because kits make it more expensive. I would rather have someone cluster everything together that I need to buy and offer it all together. Not making it mandatory to buy it all. Because.. what if my controller goes out.. I have to buy the whole kit or return the whole kit. Just offer everything I need together so that I don't have to go to 12 different places in order to get what I need. But still give me the option to go to 12 places if it is cheaper.

~Dodge Guy~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.