DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
TRU LEGEND
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GUYS I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND ACTUALLY JUST PURCHASED MY FIRT BRAND NEW TRUCK EVER. I JUST PURCHASED A 2008 DODGE RAM 1500 SXT W/ A 4.7. I LOVE MY TRUCK. HOWEVER I ALSO LOVE TO CUSTOMIZE THINGS, I THINK ITS THE JARLEY DAVIDSON IN MY BLOOD. WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO DO FIRST IS GET A SET OF TIRES AND WHEELS ON MY TRUCK. I REALLY LIKE THE XD ROCKASTER WHEELS IN CHROME (18IN RIMX12.5) ON THE ALSO WANT TO PUT THEM ON A SET OF KUMHO MT KL 35 OR NITTO MUD GRAPPLER 35s. MY QUESTION FOR ALL YOU GUYS IS. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO MAKE THESE HAPPEN. CAN I GET AWAY WITH INSTALLED A LEVELING KIT AND MAYBE A SMALL BODY LIFT. I WOULD RATHER NOT DO ANY BODY MODIFICATION SUCH AS DREMELING OUT MY WHEELS SKIRTS AND FRONT BUMPER. GUYS AN HELP OR OPINIONS YOU CAN GIVE WOULD AWESOME.

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
dude, stop yelling:(:bawl:

and, 35's should fit fine w/ a 3 in lift, may rub a bit though, not too sure;)

i'm sure there will be others who know what they are talking about later;D

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
Check my gallery,

You should also take note what gears you have in the rear before doing all this and be prepared to loose some mpg

·
Registered
837 Posts
I had a 2" inch level kit in my truck and I cleared 315's no problem

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
you can get away with 35's and just a front level kit, but you would be better off with a 3" body lift too.

btw...welcome to Dt, and congrats on your first new truck

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
You didnt mention if your truck is 4WD?

Bushwacker Flares dont require any modifications

·
TRU LEGEND
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes my truck is a 4X4. I live in Michigan so I don't really so te point in a 2WD truck. How do the Bushwackes attach? Rivets or double sided attachment tape

1 - 9 of 9 Posts