DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a digital camera, so I took a movie of my gauges on a cold start, so that you guys could see how it idles. Sorry no sound. But I haven't it in two days, so this time when I started it, it died eventually. Usually the RPMs will drop to about 200 but the PCM will rev it and save it. After I started it again, it idled at 700 the whole time no problem. It only happens on a cold start. Also I do hear rattling in the engine bay.

http://us.share.geocities.com/jmrussell2003/100_9268.MOV

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
91 Posts
your video link doesnt work buddy but sounds like a tps of maybe just a dirt IAC valve. Get a working video of tell me a little more about what is happening. How many miles on your engine?

·
Registered
91 Posts
hmmmmm....from the video it looks like it stayed on for a while (7-9 seconds) before the RPM's started to drop. Did you have to hold the gas or does it idle for a little while on its own? just as a first step in eliminating some choices as to what the problem is, take out the IAC valve located on the back of the throttle body. First unplug the sensor going into it and then take out the 2 screws holding the control valve in place. Spray it out with some carb cleaner or break parts cleaner and make sure the valve is able to seperate from the pin head (pull back the cylinder which is spring loaded). Install it back in and see if that does anything. Sometimes it becomes so carbonated that the valve sticks and doesnt allow for the right airflow.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
Change your IAC or clean it. Here's a pic of mine

Attachments

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
I picked mine up from NAPA. I think they ran around $35.... 10 minute install, but you'll notice the difference right away. Some people have taken carb cleaner and did it themselves. Save a few pennies lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.