DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question. After my truck is warmed up and driven for a while, it acts like it wants to stall when coming to a stop. When you do stop the RPM's drop to around 400 and it idles rough. It didn't do this when it was new. Got me kind of concerned. Anybody got suggestions to check for? It's only got 6500 miles on it so anything wrong would be covered under warranty.

regards,
Bryan :wavey:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
what engine do you have?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup. It's a 4.7. Thanks for the info. Would the Throttle Body be dirty with that few miles on it? I installed a K&N element, would that have anything to do with it?

Bryan

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
ive noticed the same thing on my HEMI after i installed my dual exhaust...im gonna re-set the computer tonite and see if it helps, im thinking its like it hasnt had enough time to learn the difference in air flow

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
If you overoiled the KN filter some residue might have gone through the air intake setup and will cause things to get dirty quick.
4.7s are very picky about having a clean throttle body...a can of cleaner and a few minutes and you'll probably be good to go.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had a K&N on mine but ditched it after I figured out it letf that oily residue on the throttle body. It didn't matter how much or less oil I put on it. It would be caked with crude in a few thousand miles. I have a WIC filter now and still no crude with 8k miles of running it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
When I used to run a K&N on my mustang, it did the exact same thing where the oil from the air filter would make it through and foul up the sensors in the throttle body. It ended up being a bigger pain in the butt than it was worth to me so from then on ive stuck with just the cheap paper filters. never had a problem since.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.