DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 98 ram 5.9 2wd,truck just hit 122,000 and the idle seems eratic in park or drive in park it goes from 600rpm-650rpm like its surging? any ideas? I pulled the codes and there are none! also sometimes my temp gauge will go to 210 then back down to normal and I have noticed it does it everyday. also truck does not lack any power.

· Registered
532 Posts
Might try a TB cleaning, throttle plates and the IAC port. Might just be some carbon in there?

· Registered
58 Posts
sully75 said:
I have a 98 ram 5.9 2wd,truck just hit 122,000 and the idle seems eratic in park or drive in park it goes from 600rpm-650rpm like its surging? any ideas? I pulled the codes and there are none! also sometimes my temp gauge will go to 210 then back down to normal and I have noticed it does it everyday. also truck does not lack any power.
I'll bet it's the IAC piston that's carboned up. I have to clean mine like every other year. As soon as I get the "idle lope" I know it's time for a cleaning. I use Easy Off oven cleaner, and it cleans the carbon right off sweet! Problem solved

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.