DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
It's a JEEP thing!
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the 2007 dually's have a different tailgate (notice the third light above the licence plate)

I was thinking.....(not a good thing).... how hard would it be to get that part (middle light) and install it on my truck?

What do ya think?

Attachments

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
install where?

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I'm sure it would be an easy enough of an install. The question is how much the dealers want for it? may be a better choice to install a line of fire in there, decent price and a whole lot of Brake light!

KB

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,292 Posts
yea the line of fire and ice is sweet, I love it

·
Registered
740 Posts
The question is "do you have the clearace for it?". The reason why Dodge has always had its DOT lights on the tailgate instead of above the license plate like GM & Ford is that when the tailgate is lowered there is no clearance between tailgate & bed. I'm assuming that Dodge redesigned something on the truck to allow room for these lights on the '07. I have not seen an '07 yet, but if they are using some kind of low-profile light to remedy the clearance issu then it might work for you too. Or you could be a hillbilly like me (as my wife says for putting the tailgate lights for a 3500 on my 2500 tailgate).

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,638 Posts
Honestly, I like the look of the light on the tailgate better. It's different from ford and chevy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.