Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey forum,

My issue: truck stalls at random stops.

Going to clean the Idle air Control valve before resorting to replacing it ($80 a little high for this time over year).

Have you had good luck cleaning these? I cleaned to whole throttle body but didn't clean the TBS or the IAC because I didn't want to damage them because I couldn't replace them due to finances haha

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Yeah, it's got a HEMI....
762 Posts
I think on that, if it starts to stall the engine at idle or whatnot, especially like coming to a stop for a red light while running the air conditioning, pretty much the only option is to replace the sensor.

I dunno, you can always try to pull the sensor out and clean it, that may work, as long as you use a can of MAP sensor cleaner on it. Comes in an aerosol can at your local parts store.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would throttle body cleaner not be what to use? I have a can of that leftover from the TB cleaning..

·
762 Posts
Naw, you don't wanna use throttle body cleaner, brake cleaner, starting fluid or anything like that because it can damage the sensitive parts of the sensor and render it useless... Lol. That mass airflow sensor cleaner leaves no residue behind whatsoever and was strictly designed to clean sensors without damaging them.

You can also use that to clean your intake air temp sensor that's located in the air intake tube. That might actually be dirty on one side causing false intake air temp readings that's throwing the computer off as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some one suggested it may be the Crankshaft Postponing Sensor..driving it today I was slowly driving into my daycare provider driveway as I came to a stop to put it in park it died..

·
762 Posts
You mean the crankshaft position sensor?

I've never had one of those go out before so I have no idea what the symptoms would be.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's got 205k+ on it..

The symptoms don't fully match the symptoms of an IAC valve issue. There are crossover symptoms to an IAC and CKP sensor. But my issues are lining up with a CKP issue better. $30 dollar part..I know you shouldn't throw parts at an issue but for the mileage I'll try it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.