DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
I like the '06 tailgate. I was searching for a tailgate lip a few months ago, all the aftermarket ones I found where small, not going down low. I since had my linex liner installed. Custom to my likings! :rck:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I got the Rhino liner about 2 months after I got the truck. Love it! Above the rail is the way to go!

·
Registered
314 Posts
SRT10KLLR said:
I heard that they put that on the new Rams to improve fuel economy. Apperently the Chevy's get better mpg with one on so Dodge followed suit.
That's correct. I used to own a Silverado and you can actually unbolt the lip, burn a tank of fuel, and watch your highway mileage drop by up to two points...

·
Hmm, I wasn't speeding
431 Posts
SRT10KLLR said:
I heard that they put that on the new Rams to improve fuel economy. Apperently the Chevy's get better mpg with one on so Dodge followed suit.
If you want better milage drop the tailgate down. Its made a world of difference on mine on the highway.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Wider Tail gates... better fuel economy?
Maybe by only .00000000001 percent? :WHT:

Could of swore I read thats why chevy used theirs..

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
04hemi2500 said:
mine came with a bedliner that has a lip over the tailgate. over time it has rubbed and scratched the tailgate underneath a bit but i could care less.

:stupid: :metoo:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.