DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I want to add 1 1/2 to 2" of lift to the front end of my 2wd 2004 Dodge Dakota. Is there a cheap but safe way to do this? I want to even her out. The back always seemed a tiny bit taller and since I removed my rear bumper, it's even taller. Thanks

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
The rear is indeed setup higher than the front to allow the vehicle to run level when you add a load to the pickup bed. The easiest most cost effective lift is the TS or Torsion Shackle lift. Do a search. Literally tons of info in the Durango forums and I am sure that there is plenty in the Dak forums.

·
Registered
250 Posts
CanyonD's TS won't work for you, that is the set up for 4wd. A cheep way for 2wd, not likely.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
ok didn't catch the 2WD in the opening post, but the 2WD have an easy option too in the Coil Spacer lift up front and shackle lift in rear. Very simple, cheap, and effective.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hay canyonD, what's the coil spacer lift that you mentioned? Will it add about an inch or two to my front end? I would eventually like to get something bigger like a 4" or 6" lift and bigger tires and change gearing. That's why I would like to take the cheap route for adding just a little height to my front end and leavel my truck.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
IIRC the coil spacer lifts used for the Durango and Dak front ends are ~2". Do some searching, I know there are several useful threads on this topic. Use the search terms coil spacer lift.

good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.