DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my question is where can i get these put on because i do not want to be doing this myself. can i bring this to my dealer and will they do it or do i have to go to a custom truck shop and if i do will they do it by factory specs????? i know alot of people get this done afterwards but just wanted to know where ???

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
A dealer will probably do it but for some serious $$$. I worked at a dealer and asked the service manager how much it would cost for them to put the lights on my truck and he said $180. Piss on that I bought a $40 kit from jcwhitney and did it myself. Its not that bad just be careful, take your time, and use silicone.

·
Rooster1828
252 Posts
Don't sweat it. It's not a big deal. I just installed the Mopar clearance lights on my Mega Cab last weekend. Dodge provides a template with the kit and simple wiring instructions, which makes it a lot easier. Drilling the first hole is the hardest part. I purchased the Mopar kit on Ebay; $80 to my door. As long as you have the right tools and take your time, you can do it. Good luck!

·
They call me Radio
4,807 Posts
I'm going to be doing the same with my truck in the upcoming weeks and my question is, how did you all move around on top of your truck? I'm cautious about putting any weight at all on my hood, let alone me.

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
I just had the door open and I think I stood on the seat maybe, I can't really remember. I'm not that tall (5'10") and I reached the center light ok doing this.

·
Rooster1828
252 Posts
angusdevil said:
I'm going to be doing the same with my truck in the upcoming weeks and my question is, how did you all move around on top of your truck? I'm cautious about putting any weight at all on my hood, let alone me.
I used a six foot ladder on each side of my truck and I was able to reach the center of the roof with no problem. There is no need to get on the hood to perform this mod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.