DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically what size compressor tank do i need and how loud of decibals do i need for my truck to sound like a freakin train? there are many different kits with different levels of decibles and air tanks and i dont want to get the wrong kit with a weak sounding train horn and i dont really want to spend a ton on it.

·
Crash™
367 Posts
www.hornblasters.com is the place

at least 5 gallons, their conductors special is a good entry level kit, but if you want 'real' train sound it'll cost a bit more

for that look at the Nathan's they have

i have the K5LA and its incredible

·
Crash™
367 Posts
i can get some pics of mine if you need to see how i mounted it, its pretty big and weighs like 40lbs

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i can get some pics of mine if you need to see how i mounted it, its pretty big and weighs like 40lbs
yea that would be great. hey what makes the 'real' train sound though, is it the decibals or psi? or do they all sound like a train just depends on how loud you want it? what decibals and and psi is yours?

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
You only get what you pay for. If you want the real thing, you have to pay the real bucks. The cheaper ones are plastic and are louder then regular horns but nowhere near a REAL train horn.

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Hornblasters for sure! That's where I buy my stuff from.

I have a fire truck horn on mine with OBA for power tools etc.

·
Crash™
367 Posts
yea that would be great. hey what makes the 'real' train sound though, is it the decibals or psi? or do they all sound like a train just depends on how loud you want it? what decibals and and psi is yours?
neither, the horn itself is what makes it

IMO you wont be happy till you get the best like i did :) haha

i had the P3, wasnt enough till i got the K5

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
neither, the horn itself is what makes it

IMO you wont be happy till you get the best like i did :) haha

i had the P3, wasnt enough till i got the K5
Must be nice to have money to dish out like that for horns lol :YO:

·
Crash™